Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

1 Message

July 9th, 2020 08:00

XPS 8930 SE, Multiple Issues

Hi, Chris. 

I'm having the following problems with my new Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition, which I got last week: 

1. My Killer E-2400 ethernet controller isn't working properly. I get an intermittent hard wire connection if at all. 

2. The fans sound like a Boeing 747 taking off when I try to play DCS World. 

3. There is a buzzing sound coming from the top of the front end of the monitor. It comes and goes, but when it comes, I've found, quite oddly, that it stops when pressure is applied. 

4. My 32-in curved gaming monitor already has one dead pixel on the edge of the right side of the screen. 

Will Dell fix or replace any parts that are not functioning and do they, by any chance offer any ethernet controllers not made by Killer? Thanks.  

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

July 9th, 2020 12:00

You have a warranty...

The Ethernet is actually Qualcomm with a Killer overlay.  When do you have those Ethernet issues, at boot, after waking from sleep/hibernation or...?

Open Device Manager and double-click the Killer Ethernet entry. Click its Power Management tab and uncheck the box "Allow PC to turn off.." and reboot. Does that help?

Do you have the latest Ethernet driver with better support for Win 10 v2004?  And you can disable all the Killer services in Start>Run>services.msc. You don't need them.

The XPS 8930 has heat and fan noise issues so you should search for and read those threads for ideas (mods) to help with the fans.

Read Dell's pixel policy and monitor warranty.

No Events found!