Start a Conversation

Unsolved

E

22 Posts

December 9th, 2019 10:00

XPS 8930, back lighting?

Hi everyone,

The design of the XPS 8930 tower is flawed insomuch if like mine the tower is situated under my desk and being black it is impossible to locate the USB ports and even the on/off button without the aid of a torch.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to have this problem and I was wondering if there is easy way to provide some sort of  back lighting to overcome this situation.

Many thanks.... 

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

I have a home built desktop using a BeQuiet case.  Its black and the front I/O panel is all black.  You just get used to it or, as I do occasionally when plugging something in, use a flashlight.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

My XPS 8930 is under the desk too. I just swipe my finger across the front until I feel the power button and/or the  USB ports. And I learned which way the ports are oriented so I hold the USB3 plug in the right orientation to connect on first try.

Guess you could always put a small battery-powered stickup light under the desk. And if you want to get fancy, get one that's motion activated so you don't have to hunt for that button... 

7 Posts

December 11th, 2019 22:00

USB LED keyboard light plugged into one of the three ports. Any PC shop. Amazon or Newegg.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

December 12th, 2019 12:00

@8930user wrote:

USB LED keyboard light plugged into one of the three ports. Any PC shop. Amazon or Newegg.

Except that won't work when the PC is off, unless it's connected to a power-sharing USB port (enabled in BIOS) and then it will be on 24/7...

No Events found!