Tim202003228
2 Bronze

XPS 8930, bluetooth disappeared

Jump to solution

I noticed the system BIOS updated itself recently from 1.1.12 to 1.1.13. Then I found my bluetooth kbd and mouse not working anymore. I reinstalled Qualcomm Wifi/bluetooth driver. No use. Device manager does not see any bluetooth adapter.

I downloaded the previous version of the BIOS 1.1.12 and reinstalled it. Still not seeing bluetooth adapter in device manager. More that the system insisted on upgrading BIOS to latest 1.1.13.

Does anybody have the same problems, bluetooth disappearing? It happened between 3/26 to 3/27. It was working and suddenly not working any more.

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vic384
5 Tungsten

Re: XPS 8930, bluetooth disappeared

Jump to solution

See if this thread is any help.

View solution in original post

Tim202003228
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Used the link above and followed the instruction from the original problem post. It suddenly came back with the bluetooth adapter as the following stated:

I shutdown the XPS 8930, unplugged the power cord for a few minutes, then powered it back on. I then went to Device Manager and uninstalled the Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). When I then did a Scan for Hardware Changes, the Bluetooth appeared in Device Manager. This resolved the issue.

I powered off XPS and unplugged the power cord for a couple minutes. Then put it back and powered on. Opened Device Manager. Bluetooth adapter came back!

17 Replies
Vic384
5 Tungsten

Jump to solution

See if this thread is any help.

Tim202003228
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Used the link above and followed the instruction from the original problem post. It suddenly came back with the bluetooth adapter as the following stated:

I shutdown the XPS 8930, unplugged the power cord for a few minutes, then powered it back on. I then went to Device Manager and uninstalled the Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). When I then did a Scan for Hardware Changes, the Bluetooth appeared in Device Manager. This resolved the issue.

I powered off XPS and unplugged the power cord for a couple minutes. Then put it back and powered on. Opened Device Manager. Bluetooth adapter came back!

xps_user_2020
1 Copper

Re: XPS 8390 bluetooth disappeared

Jump to solution

That worked! Unplugging it is an essential step.

Desmond Team
1 Copper

Jump to solution

After hours searching for the resolution to bring back Bluetooth to my Dell XPS 8930, this solved it. The issue was created when I used the USB to charge my Bose headphones. This is an obvious bug that should, be addressed by Dell. Love the computer but would not have expected a simple USB charge to create a Bluetooth problem. 

0 Kudos
sylvainmtl
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Yesssssssssssss! It worked, thanks a lot. But what was that weird glitch Dell?

RealHappe
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thank you for your post! The remote help support guy is very polite.  

0 Kudos
cjohnston2
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Yeah, I had the exact same problem at the exact same time.  The provided solution, unplugging and then uninstalling the unknown USB device, worked for me.  Prior to that I could not scan for new hardware, but after following the directions I could do that and Bluetooth "came back".

afify96
1 Copper

Jump to solution

That worked for me as well 

zunner
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!  This worked.  My bluetooth disappeared AND my internet got VERY slow to non-working.  This has fixed BOTH problems.

My bluetooth just mysteriously disappeared on 5/12/2020.  I added nothing and downloaded nothing that i know of.  The provided solution, unplugging and then uninstalling the unknown USB device, worked for me.