Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

GJ

February 23rd, 2018 19:00

XPS 8930 connected to monitor via DisplayPort does not wake

Hi,

I have a couple month old XPS 8930, which is connected to a Samsung U28E5100 UHD monitor via DisplayPort. It started having issues waking from sleep like in so many other threads I've seen. Up until yesterday the only way to get the monitor to come back on after going to sleep was to power cycle the computer. Now the display will not come on whether connected to the Samsung via DisplayPort, HDMI, or to my older LG monitor. I would like to enable the USB Wake option in BIOS, but I can't do that if I can't get the screen to display at all. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

4 Posts

February 24th, 2018 06:00

Update...after speaking with my wife I found out the monitor went black for the final time in the middle of playing a movie trailer and now will not wake up no matter what I try. It has to be an issue with the computer since it I cannot get the picture to display now with 2 different monitors.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

February 24th, 2018 12:00

Since the system is under warranty and assuming that monitor works on a different PC, it's possible there's a problem with the video card. So contact Dell Tech Support ASAP. Have the Service Tag handy when you contact them.

4 Posts

March 2nd, 2018 08:00

Thanks for the response. After a 3 hour call to Dell support, during which I opened up the computer, removed the video card and connected the monitor to the motherboard connection, we determined I have a faulty motherboard. It will be replaced next week.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

March 2nd, 2018 12:00

Hope that solves the problem for you.

Post back and let us know what happens with the new motherboard, so others can benefit from your experience.

4 Posts

March 5th, 2018 08:00

Motherboard was just replaced and the issue is fixed. 

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

March 5th, 2018 13:00

:Yes: :Yes:

No Events found!