bilhen
1 Copper

XPS 8930, delay in sound after unplugging headphones

Jump to solution

I have a 6 month old XPS 8930 desktop. Sound works fine using my headphones or through the attached speakers.

The problem is that when I unplug the headphones, it takes about 45 seconds before any sound comes out of my speakers. If I plug my headphones back in, sound comes out of them immediately.

With my previous computers including an XPS 8700, sound would come out of the speakers immediately after unplugging the headphones.

Any ideas what might be causing the 45 second delay?

Thanks,
Bill

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bilhen
1 Copper

Re: XPS 8930, delay in sound after unplugging headphones

Jump to solution

@fireberd 

Thanks for the reply.  I just saw it as I wasn't notified when you replied.  Nothing had changed recently so I'm not sure what started the problem.  I downloaded and reinstalled the latest audio drivers and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks,

Bill

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
7- Thorium

Jump to solution

Sounds like a possible headphone jack problem.  Has it always did this or something that started later?

Next chance you have try plugging in and out quick or a couple of times and see if makes any difference.

I would be contacting Dell warranty support and see if you can get it resolved.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
bilhen
1 Copper

Jump to solution

@fireberd 

Thanks for the reply.  I just saw it as I wasn't notified when you replied.  Nothing had changed recently so I'm not sure what started the problem.  I downloaded and reinstalled the latest audio drivers and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks,

Bill

View solution in original post

0 Kudos