Highlighted
3 Argentum

XPS 8930, lockup for 3 to 4 seconds

My system is locking up for 3 or 4 seconds. It has been doing that for a few months. I have already reinstalled Windows and I have also installed the latest version 2004. I had this issue way before 2004 was released.

0 Kudos
30 Replies
Highlighted
4 Ruthenium

Re: XPS 8930 Lockup/Free 3 to 4 seconds.

If you have not read through this post, https://www.dell.com/community/XPS-Desktops/XPS-8930-freezes-for-3-5-seconds/td-p/7346463 you should look at it and perhaps try some of the recommended fixes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

@Vic384 

Thanks for the reply my issue is similar I do not hear the hard drive noise and the fan. My system is very quite. As for the support assist if it is Dell Support Assist Remediation Service if I disable that then I will not get updates. Dell cares agent on this forum said I need to upload a screenshot of task manager. The list of items in task manager is too long to get a screen shot. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

@CTG_8273 

As for the support assist if it is Dell Support Assist Remediation Service if I disable that then I will not get updates.

I suggest you read through the linked solution posts again.  If that doesn't help, then live with it.

GK

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

@GKDesigns 

Thank you very very much for that reply. This just happened again I was not able to get a shot of task manager.

0 Kudos
3 Argentum

@GKDesigns 

There is no option to start manual.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

@CTG_8273 

Read through the solution posts:
https://www.dell.com/community/XPS-Desktops/XPS-8930-freezes-for-3-5-seconds/m-p/7502259/highlight/t...

You don't need manual start if you uninstall it!

Read through the solution posts!

GK

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

@GKDesigns 

Where is the solution post? You posted a link to someone having the same issue. Where is the solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Ruthenium

@CTG_8273 The solution is:

* Press Windows key + R
* Type services.msc [press Enter or click OK]
* Find and open Dell SupportAssist Remediation
* Change Startup type: to Manual
* Click Apply- OK
* Restart the PC when done

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

@Vic384 

Thanks you do have to right click on Support Assist Remediation. Then choose startup type Manuel. I was confused because I was looking for Apple. 

And what is up with the reCaptcha?

😂😂

0 Kudos