Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 26th, 2021 13:00

XPS 8930, no longer loads DMC, device does not meet minimum requirements

Since purchasing this XPS 8930 in October, 2018, I have been running DMC (Dell Mobile Connect). On January 25, 2021, it failed to load with the message that the device did not meet the minimum requirements of the app. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and the app to no avail. I finally restored from an image backup and things went back to normal. The next day, however, the app again failed to load with the same message. Doing a daily image restore is not something that I am inclined to do for obvious reasons. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

January 26th, 2021 20:00

I finally found a solution to this problem on my machine. Apparently, the new version of DMC has a new identification requirement which was resolved by opening an administrator level command prompt and entering the following two commands.

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store" /v OEMID /f /t REG_SZ /d DELL

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Store" /v StoreContentModifier /f /t REG_SZ /d "DELL_XPS"

This returned operations to normal without even requiring a reboot.

• 

109 Posts

January 26th, 2021 20:00

Excellent. Thank you for posting this resolution

18 Posts

February 1st, 2021 10:00

Tried to manual edit but didn't work. Ran your REG commands as admin, rebooted and it worked! Thank you!

1 Message

March 25th, 2021 18:00

I tried this and no luck.

1 Message

July 10th, 2021 03:00

Excellent

It works great. I was facing difficulty in installing Dell Mobile connect 3.3 from Microsoft store and always an error message  ("Sorry, but your system does not have minimum requirement for running Dell Mobile Connect 3.3") was popping up but after applying the method mentioned by you I am now able to install the app on windows 10 laptop  and its running smoothly. Thanks a lot.

No Events found!