XPS Desktops

Last reply by 06-17-2022 Solved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

XPS 8940, keyboard missing error

I use a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to control both my HP Laptop and my Dell XPS desktop. When I boot up the Dell I get an error screen telling me there is no keyboard attached (probably because Bluetooth is not yet turned on). I solved the problem by plugging in a USB keyboard and placing it on the floor behind my desk. Is there any other way to shut off this error so I don't have to have two keyboards plugged in?

Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
8 Platinum

You don't say what XPS model you have, but most desktop computers have a BIOS option to ignore "Missing Keyboard" errors on startup.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.

View solution in original post

Replies (4)
8 Platinum

You don't say what XPS model you have, but most desktop computers have a BIOS option to ignore "Missing Keyboard" errors on startup.

Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.

@mjw72652 Are you using the Bluetooth USB dongle with the XPS desktop or the laptop? If you are using the dongle with the laptop perhaps you should use it with the desktop.

This Logitech keyboard and mouse don't use a dongle. They pair directly with the Bluetooth adapters in the computers.

It's an XPS 8940. I will check the BIOS tomorrow. Thanks.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor