Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 17th, 2022 13:00

XPS 8940, keyboard missing error

I use a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to control both my HP Laptop and my Dell XPS desktop. When I boot up the Dell I get an error screen telling me there is no keyboard attached (probably because Bluetooth is not yet turned on). I solved the problem by plugging in a USB keyboard and placing it on the floor behind my desk. Is there any other way to shut off this error so I don't have to have two keyboards plugged in?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

June 17th, 2022 14:00

You don't say what XPS model you have, but most desktop computers have a BIOS option to ignore "Missing Keyboard" errors on startup.

15 Posts

June 17th, 2022 18:00

It's an XPS 8940. I will check the BIOS tomorrow. Thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

3.2K Posts

June 17th, 2022 17:00

@mjw72652 Are you using the Bluetooth USB dongle with the XPS desktop or the laptop? If you are using the dongle with the laptop perhaps you should use it with the desktop.

15 Posts

June 17th, 2022 18:00

This Logitech keyboard and mouse don't use a dongle. They pair directly with the Bluetooth adapters in the computers.

20 Posts

November 3rd, 2022 01:00

Click on the Windows icon in your taskbar and choose Settings. Search for “Fix keyboard” using the integrated search in the Settings application, then click on “Find and fix keyboard problems.” Click the “Next” button to start the troubleshooting. You should see that Windows is detecting issues.

Regards,
Peter

No Events found!