Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 25th, 2022 14:00

XPS 8950, case change?

XPS 8950

XPS 8950

Hey,

Has anyone changed the Dell XPS 8950 case for another model? I think this case is horrible. I want to change it for a more modern one, but I didn't want to lose the front USB ports. And I haven't found any replacement cabinets.

7 Technologist

• 

10.3K Posts

September 25th, 2022 15:00

Unfortunately you cannot swap 8950 motherboard to a non-Dell case.  The proprietary dell oem motherboard uses non standard form factor.  It is not rectangular.  It is not ATX or any known industry standard.  It would not fit any standard case without losing front IO ports.

the only way to beautify the 8950 if you think it is ugly now is to mod the Dell case.  For example, mod the side panel to have clear see through window.  Add RGB fans or led strip.  You can also paint the chassis if you like. Many 8950 users have not yet found the case utterly horrible looking or abominable.  With some work or tolerance you might still find some redeeming value of the case.

1 Message

February 22nd, 2023 14:00

Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti, not cheap but if you have done cases before it can be modded every all sorts of ways and it will fit the mobo and moving the front panel io isn't that hard. 

No Events found!