Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

6 Posts

May 3rd, 2018 16:00

XPS One 2710, Bios 1.0.0.1 update not working

Every evening I get an alert to install the XPS One 2710 System Bios 1.0.0.1. 

I click "Install" and get a popup that says "The command line parameter is not correct." I click "OK" and then a few seconds later get a message that the BIOS has been successfully installed.

But the same message to install the BIOS shows up again the next night, and the next, and the next.

What's supposed to happen?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 4th, 2018 08:00

Every evening I get an alert to install the XPS One 2710 System Bios 1.0.0.1.
From what software are you getting this alert?

The BIOS for the XPS One 2710 are titled, A05/A06/A08/A09/A10/A11/A12. Not 1.0.0.1?

Reboot, press F2. What BIOS is currently installed?

A failed BIOS update will break the motherboard CMOS. If you are currently not having any issues, I would not install a BIOS update. Especially for this out of warranty 8 year old PC. I only install them to fix a specific issue that the BIOS corrects. For my notes, send me via Private Message the PC service tag number.

May 8th, 2018 08:00

I managed to find the BIOS under Support Assist/ System Info/Motherboard. It says "BIOS Version String A09

May 8th, 2018 08:00

Thank you.  The messages say Important Update from Dell and it's definitely saying Version 1.0.0.1

Nothing is "not working" so I've been ignoring the messages that pop up in my notifications, and I'll continue to do so.

It'll be a while before I try to check for the BIOS on this machine. Not until I finish my work for the day, etc. I can break things just by thinking about them.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 8th, 2018 12:00

Are you saying that the "alert to install the XPS One 2710 System Bios 1.0.0.1." is actually referring to BIOS A09?

Or is that stating that A09 is the currently installed BIOS?

Again, I would be very reluctant to install any BIOS update on a working out of warranty PC. 

No Events found!