Start a Conversation

Unsolved

G

2 Posts

May 6th, 2020 06:00

XPS One 2720, No Bootable Device/No Recovery, #2

Hi I know this thread is old, but did you ever find a solution for this? I am having the same issue.

Thanks.

7 Technologist

• 

10.4K Posts

May 11th, 2020 10:00

Try clean install of OS rather than repairing Windows, if you have files you need on it,  remove hdd and install in another pc as secondary hdd then back up files first.

1 Message

June 1st, 2020 04:00

Hi

Im struggling to to do this for my XPS 2710.

Could you give some information how i put the OS onto a new Seagate hard drive.

I took the old hard drive out as it failed, put the new one in and nothing happens. The OS i have on the 64gb Flash drive on a USB doesnt load.

Any help or advise would be really appreciated.

David

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 1st, 2020 05:00

Are you tapping the F12 at the Dell Logo (Post) screen? Looks like one of these 2 screens depending on how old the system is.

download.pngdownload2.png

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

June 1st, 2020 11:00

@davieb71  - Your post says have an XPS 2710, but this is a thread about an XPS 2720.   So is that a typo or do you really have an XPS 2710?  (Never good idea to jump into a thread about one PC model with questions about a different PC model. )

What version of Windows are you trying to install?  Keep in mind that there can be permanent damage to the XPS 2710, if you are trying to install and run Win 10 with your new HDD, if this PC hasn't already been running Win 10.

Is your 64 GB USB stick formatted FAT32? It takes extra work to format a USB that's larger than 32 GB as FAT32 which is required for this. Better to use an 8, 16, or 32 GB stick, formatted FAT32.

How did you make the USB stick bootable with the Windows ISO file on it?

Are you connecting the bootable USB stick with the ISO to the PC before you power it on? Then power on and start tapping F12 to open the menu and look for the option to boot from USB...

No Events found!