Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 21st, 2021 11:00

XPS8940 Logitech Unifying USB receiver cannot be detected

Logitech Options software cannot recognize the unifying receiver, but the mouse and keyboard work fine. I need Options software to customize keyboard shortcut keys. Here are some screenshots I took when I contacting Logitech support. 

The driver for my whole system is up to date. Based on the Dell Support app pre-installed on my computer. 

This is in Windows Settings, the receiver saying the driver is unavailable. 

Screenshot 2021-04-18 171515.png

This is a Unifying software Logitech support guy sent me. The computer cannot detect it. So they ask me to check this issue with the manufacturer. 

Screenshot 2021-04-18 172522.png

This is a screenshot from Logitech Options software. Screenshot 2021-04-18 165355.png

This is the device manager screenshot. 

Screenshot 2021-04-18 171446.png

19 Posts

April 28th, 2021 15:00

Thanks for all your replies. Really appreciated. 

I have fixed this issue with the following settings. I think it might be some Dell's Windows system issue, or my Windows missed some critical files for some reason. I don't know why this is happening. 

You will need one cord mouse and an Internet connection. 

First thing first, check the same receiver and devices on another device, to make sure all hardware is fine, and this is only related to Dell's desktop device. 

You have a keyboard or mouse that supports the Unifying function. My devices are "M330" and "MX Keys," get Logitech unifying management software available on your device, and install it. If the software saying it cannot detect the receiver, then this is the right for you. 

Go to device manager (right-click the Windows icon), under "Mice and other pointing devices", disable all "HID-compliant mouse" devices, not you cannot use your Logitech mouse anymore. Insert the corded mouse, and wait for a response, once the cursor appears, and you are able to control with the corded mouse, unplug the Logitech Unifying receiver. 

Wait the Manager windows refreshes, and the device you just disabled is disappeared. Now download this file and install it, https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7xrnkjkqfflg20/SetPoint6.67.83_64.exe?dl=0. I downloaded it as a reference, if you can find it on your own, please do so, the name of the software is called Logitech SetPoint. This software seems like can fix the missing file in Windows. Just install it, and ignore all messages, such as you don't have compliable devices, etc. After installing, re-plug in the Unifying receiver to one of the USB 3.0 Port, on the backside. 

Now reactivate the HID device in the Device Manager. After refreshed, unplug and replug in the USB 3.0 port again. Now Windows should be able to detect this Unifying receiver. Open "Logitech Unifying Software", you will be able to process all the setup steps successfully. 

You may uninstall the "SetPoint" afterwards. 

This works for me, and I tried to restart the system, everything is good. You can use Logitech Options to customize everything now. 

Let me know if this works for you or not! I wish this helps you. 

19 Posts

April 28th, 2021 18:00

Thanks for the reminder @RoHe 

No, it's not a USB 2 port, it should be 3.0, the one has a blue socket. 

And yes, I recommend users using Logitech's official download page first, but for some reason, the latest version is not working. Only this specific version that I posted worked for me. If anyone is trying this solution, please download 6.67.83 officially first. https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025141274-SetPoint Choose version 6.67.83 from the full list. If not, then use my link. 

18 Posts

August 16th, 2022 12:00

Hey man, just posting to say thank you for providing the solution! I don't even have a Dell laptop anymore, but I was facing the same issue of Logitech Unifying receiver not being detected by Logitech pairing software on my current laptop (Samsung) due to lack of drivers, even if the device (brand new M510 wireless mouse) was working fine with the receiver that accompanied it. I followed your guide and installed the latest version of SetPoint software (6.70.55), and voilà, the receiver got instantly recognized. So I guess that everyone's mileage may vary, it's worth trying different versions if the newest one doesn't work.

Now that receiver is being detected again, I could pair my K270 keyboard and M510 mouse to the USB receiver that came with the K270 and store the new one as spare. I can't be grateful enough for your help

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

April 21st, 2021 11:00

Your screenshot says "driver unavailable"  Did you install Logitiech's Unifying Software?  How are you pairing the receiver to mouse and keyboard, 2.4 GHz or Bluetooth?

Which USB port are you connecting the receiver to? You should plug it into a rear USB2 port. There are two USB2 ports on the back of XPS 8940, next to the Ethernet port. Try both of them...

Defective receiver...?

513 Posts

April 21st, 2021 13:00

@Jon-62 

The Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse I have and other ones I had in the past. I never had to install any drivers or do any pairing. Windows always had the drivers and they were already paired  and every thing always worked fine. You should be able to use without installing anything from Logitech.

319 Posts

April 21st, 2021 13:00

What Logitech keyboard and mouse are you using?  Not all cordless Logitech keyboards and mice use a unifying receiver.  E.g., my cordless Logitech MK330 keyboard and mouse don't use a unifying receiver, so they are not detected by the software.  The receiver, keyboard and mouse all need to have the orange asterisk symbol on to work together to and be detected by the Logitech Unifying software.

Also, a Logitech Unifying device can only be connected to one Unifying receiver at a time.  If a device is paired with one Unifying receiver, it cannot be connected to another one.

19 Posts

April 21st, 2021 19:00

Hi, thanks for the reply. 

Yes, my keyboard and mouse are working perfectly, but only the software cannot detect this unifying receiver. 

The only reason I need this Options software is that I need to customize some shortcut keys on the keyboard. This is only can be done by using this Logitech "management" software/ 

19 Posts

I'm using MX Keys and MX330. As said in the post, both the keyboard and mouse are working perfectly, only the software cannot detect this unifying receiver. 

I can use this receiver and both keyboard and mouse on my mac, and mac Logitech options are able to detect and manage it. 

19 Posts

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, there's a Logitech software screenshot attached in the post. I tried all the USB ports on the back. 

My keyboard and mouse are working perfectly, but only the software cannot detect this unifying receiver. 

5 Practitioner

• 

4.6K Posts

April 22nd, 2021 05:00

@futandrew , the reason Logitech Unifying Software couldn't detect the receiver because your receiver is not a Unifying receiver.  Get a Unifying receiver and your problem solve. 

Connectivity

• Connection Type: 2.4 GHz wireless connection
  • Wireless range: 393.7 in (10m)
  • Unifying-ready mouse: Yes
  • Unifying-ready receiver: No

319 Posts

April 22nd, 2021 05:00

Have you followed the advice here ?

19 Posts

April 22nd, 2021 20:00

Thanks for the reply. 

I read through the whole article, but it is not the issue I'm facing. I tried the software is recommended anyways. Unfortunately, no, this issue is persistent. 

19 Posts

April 22nd, 2021 20:00

As mentioned in the original post, I am pretty sure the receiver is a Unifying receiver. I can use this same receiver on my mac with the same software Logitech Options. This receiver and the software can work perfectly on my Mac Windows system as well. 

After consulting with Logitech technical support team, they have the following statement "If the receiver and the software can work on both macOS and Windows on my mac computer, then the hardware and both keyboard and mouse are fine, there are no hardware issues." Which is a tenable statement. 

So my guess is some adaptation that Dell didn't do well, or there's anything else I should do, but not. 

5 Practitioner

• 

4.6K Posts

April 22nd, 2021 22:00

@futandrew , Someone has the same issue and discovered that there are two versions of MK330.  One without unifying receiver.  You should be able to verify if your receiver has an orange star logo.

319 Posts

April 23rd, 2021 02:00

Does your receiver look like this

Logitech Unifying ReceiverLogitech Unifying Receiver

with the orange asterisk symbol.  If there isn't an orange asterisk symbol, and a similar one on the keyboard and mouse, then you're not using a Logitech Unifying Receiver.  The Logitech MX Keys keyboard is available in a Bluetooth version.

No Events found!