Start a Conversation

Unsolved

4 Posts

February 6th, 2020 01:00

13" 2-in-1 7390 rubber feet coming off

Hi there,

I've had my laptop for about 2 and a half months and the rubber feet on the bottom of the laptop are popping out of their attachment holes. I think it might be the heat off the CPU which is expanding the rubber.

The holes are way too small for me to try and re-attach them, so it'll slowly fall off over time.

I imagine that Dell support would consider this a cosmetic issue, but I could argue that it's a product defect and affects functionality (e.g. being secure on a flat surface).

Do I bother going to technical support, just remove the feet and live with it, or get a replacement bottom plate and hope it doesn't happen again?

4 Posts

February 7th, 2020 01:00

I spoke with Dell support privately after this post and they have determined this is due to "wear and tear" which is not covered under warranty.

2 Posts

February 7th, 2020 12:00

no its a poor design flaw not a wear and tear item the heat from the processor and motherboard softens the silicon cheap silicon rubber and causes it to expand and pop out of the tiny holes. and as they did not use any glue it comes off. i got mine replaced.  under warranty  because i pushed for it the technician that they sent did not know how to disassemble the laptop and caused damage to the palm rest by forcing it and they had to replace both the palm rest and keyboard as well. i am sure that more people are having issues with this. if you push the issue you should be able to get them to fix it.

2 Posts

September 10th, 2020 18:00

Exactly the same is happening to my laptop. Its not wear and tear!!!

2 Posts

October 20th, 2020 18:00

Same problem here... contacted Dell and they are telling me that it is cosmetic and I will need to pay for a new bottom.  The bottom panel is specific to the individual unit, with the ST info printed on it.

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

November 13th, 2020 08:00

Welcome everyone,

Has anyone tried any type or rubber dots as a replacement.

https://www.amazon.com/rubber-dots/s?k=rubber+dots

On the bottom and just under the hinge covers.

Best regards,

U2

1 Message

November 13th, 2020 08:00

We are having the same issue. Just the back set is falling off and causing our laptops to overheat.  We're unable to locate parts so far. Very frustrating. 

2 Posts

November 15th, 2020 06:00

Ended up buying a new bottom panel, about $40 bucks.

2 Posts

January 25th, 2021 22:00

That's a terrible design problem, and frustrated in buying dell premium notebook. basically, you need to push very hard to get the response. and most of them will ask you to pay for replacing it. however, it's a design issue, even you replace it. in few months, the peeling issue will come again and again.

11 Posts

June 30th, 2021 04:00

Hi all. I've got replacement at accidentally due to faulty of 3.5 mm port. The 3.5 mm port connected directly / assembly to bottom cover base so that I had got replacement the cover base due to 3.5 mm port. 

1 Message

January 27th, 2022 14:00

Same.  I have an XPS 17.  First set of rubber feet came off after 6 months.  Called and they replaced the entire back panel under warranty (but first said it is usually wear and tear and wouldn't be covered except for the newness of the machine).  Here I am about 1 year in and now all 3 NEW one's have just come off.  I noticed one of the fronts missing about 2 weeks ago, and literally just now i saw the long back one coming off and the other front is gone as well.  Certainly a design issue as my 10 year old mac pro still has all 4 feet and went through a few 100k miles of flight usage and toting around.  This machine just sits at home.  Sigh, I really wanted to love this machine, and it is my first dell, but I could not recommend it.   The screen is great, but I'll just get a new macbook pro with a 16" screen.  I run linux so mac or dell is really about the hardware.   

April 22nd, 2022 11:00

Same issue of XPS 13 rubber feet coming off after a year of use. The quality of laptop components has become cheaper lately. I have been using several Dell products for many years and never had any issues.

January 5th, 2023 10:00

I have the same problem - the rubber bands fell off, but the original DELL cover helped me, accelerated the destruction.
DELL said that even though I have the DELL warranty, they will not replace it because it is a "COSMETIC" defect and does not cause my computer to malfunction!
THIS IS MY LAST DELL COMPUTER - I WILL NOT BUY IT AGAIN, I PREFER SLOWER WEARING EQUIPMENT FOR 50% LESS PRICE!

No Events found!