Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

June 24th, 2019 07:00

2018 XPS 15 WIFI Problem

I bought my XPS 15 last year, the WIFI has been giving me problems and never fixed. I have called the hotline support many times, they have my laptop WIFI driver updated many times and the WIFI card was replaced two times and the problem never gone away. The problem is the WIFI connection always interrupted and lost the connection very frequently, this happens every single time I used my XPS 15, this happens every day. This is a high-end model of DELL product but the quality and the service is so poorly maintained. Please adv me what to do. This laptop was bought last September  5, 2018, it is still in warranty but DELL was not able to fix the problem for me.

27 Posts

June 24th, 2019 17:00

The Killer Wireless card in these things is utter **bleep**. Easiest fix is to pop it out and replace with an Intel wifi card.

• 

16.7K Posts

June 25th, 2019 05:00

Albert778,

Click the link below for resolving the issue with the Killer wifi cards connectivity issue you are facing.

General Troubleshooting for the Killer 1535 Wireless Card

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

June 25th, 2019 05:00

It might help if you give the complete model of your system and type of Wi-Fi card.

Make sure you lease time is not just one hour.

There are many places to find troubleshooting steps to track down why a system might be reconnecting. If it were a Killer Wireless card, there are steps to remove prior driver installs so you can load a better one. 

Things like signal strength are important and along with your local environment as far as possible interference.  Does it matter if you use 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz radios?

Any indications of the disconnects in the Event Viewer?  Anything in common with the disconnects as to time online or time of day?

If you wanted to try, you could run a Wlan report which might show when you system disconnects and give a reason for that.  The logs are not easy to follow since not many of us have experience with them.  If you want to try, open an admin command prompt and type the command below.  Make note of where the log is stored.

netsh wlan show wlanreport

No Events found!