Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 21st, 2022 09:00

4 Amber 1 White only on ExpressCharge setting

XPS 15 9575 2-in-1

XPS 15 9575 2-in-1

The battery was charging from 7% to 36% just fine on ExpressCharge, when it reached 37% it stopped charging and the Bad Battery indicator turned on (4 amber 1 white). Battery Health states 100% and it starts charging again after I change the Dell Power Setting charge setting to something other than ExpressCharge. The laptop doesn't turn off even if I unplug the charger, I honestly think this is a software issue rather than a hardware issue, but I can't say for sure. I really hope this can be fixed, I really love how fast ExpressCharge charges the battery...

457 Posts

November 23rd, 2022 01:00

Typically express charge only speeds up the beginning of the charge (so the overall charge time might be close to a standard charge time). If that makes sense. Another forum post came up with this issue and it was apparently solved by 'waiting it out'. So see if this issue still persists and how long it persists.

457 Posts

November 21st, 2022 23:00

Is the BIOS the latest revision, have you tried resetting BIOS to defaults? I thought on your previous forum post you had swapped the motherboard and problems were resolved?

25 Posts

November 22nd, 2022 00:00

Yes, this is a completely different motherboard, and of course the first thing I did with this motherboard was update all the drivers, Windows updates and the BIOS update, the latest from a few days ago. I still have this issue with this board, the battery charges with ExpressChrage for a while and then the Bad Battery indicator shows up and it just stops charging, i have to change to say, Adaptive or Standard, unplug the charger, replug, then it charges again, but at a slower rate compared to the ExpressChrage charge rate. The ExpressCharge charged the battery from 7 to 36% in less then 20 minutes, while standard charging charges the whole thing in about 2 hours, which I think is slow no?

25 Posts

November 23rd, 2022 09:00

I don't really get it, so expresscharge cannot charge from 7 percent to full in 46 minutes like the indicator says?

457 Posts

December 2nd, 2022 23:00

It says my reply was accepted as the solution. Let me know if you have further questions.

No Events found!