Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

67 Posts

June 19th, 2021 08:00

9510 Quality Improvements Over 9500?

Last December/January I purchased a 9500 and end up returning after it, and exchange, resulted in poor quality.  The three notable issues were:

- Loose/clicking trackpad

- Screen backlight bleed

- Speaker vibration/crackling

All three of these are well documented in Dell Community.  If someone who has purchased and received the new 9510 can comment on whether these issues have been resolved, and whether they are noticing any other areas of concern, it would be greatly appreciated.  

• 

25K Posts

June 20th, 2021 02:00

We tried reaching you on a private message asking for the Service Tag number to ascertain the warranty but did not receive a response. Please feel free to reply to the private message whenever you are available.

67 Posts

June 26th, 2021 04:00

This response was clearly automated.  If a person read my comment they'd realize that I don't own it and, therefore, do not have a service tag.  I was asking a question as research into possibly purchasing one at a later date.

67 Posts

August 22nd, 2021 07:00

Now that it has been a few months since the new XPS (9510) has been released, and there "should" be some owners now, I'd be curious if anyone has any constructive feedback for my original post.  I'm still in the market for a new laptop, and the XPS15 is currently at the top of the list...but the quality issues I had when I tried and returned the 9500 last Winter still has me cautious.  

5 Practitioner

• 

2.4K Posts

August 22nd, 2021 10:00

Sad news !!!!

For a Premium Good Looking notebook XPS is the only winner 

You can opt for performance notebooks which will have better specs., Better I/O and Better graphics. But the Level of Clean Finish, High Quality display we get in XPS is yet to be matched. 

Touchpad : Yes some thread on the community have mentioned in, for XPS 9500 Dell has acknowledged the issue and has released a new version of affected users, even this second version is not 100% fix , but manageable. XPS 9510 has better touchpad build. I would strongly recommend buying /experiencing it in a physical store though. 

LCD Bleed : Well this is new. For cheaper notebook it's pretty common to have LCD Bleed. 

I can vouch for XPS  . Screen is excellent. I haven't tested the FHD option though. I POed some unit for my org and I thought it didn't make any sense going for FHD models when we are paying this much for a notebook. 

Speakers Are excellent : (MacBooks have better)  

No Events found!