Highlighted
skip198
2 Bronze

9560: Intermittent BSOD UNEXPECTED STORE_EXCEPTION

Every once in a while, when I power on the laptop, it will show a blank blue screen with no login prompt for about 20 seconds, after which it will BSOD with UNEXPECTED STORE_EXCEPTION.

Tech support think that maybe WIndows is "corrupted", but they can't tell me what part of Windows might be corrupt. They suggest a complete re-install, and I'd rather not.

Any better ideas?

Running Win10-X64 Pro with all updates, and also all Dell driver updates, and latest (1.9) BIOS.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

Re: 9560: Intermittent BSOD UNEXPECTED STORE_EXCEPTION

skip198,

You can click the link below to perform the steps listed  to resolve the error.

Unexpected Store Exception in Windows 10 Error [SOLVED]

* For my notes, send me via Private Message the Service tag number, your name, address, phone number and email address.

* Go to the top of this thread

* Click the Envelope

* Click the blue "New Message" box

* Paste my name DELL-Jesse L into the "Send to" blank

* Click my icon. My name should now be listed in the "Send to" blank

* Message Subject =

* Message Body =

0 Kudos
skip198
2 Bronze

Thanks - details sent. I had already disabled Fast Startup, so doing that alone doesn't fix it. I have now completely disabled Hibernate, and also a couple of apps in the startup. Will see how I go with this before I make any more changes.

0 Kudos
skip198
2 Bronze

System error log entry from most recent BSOD (it hasn't failed yet with the aforementioned changes):

Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC0000001.

I think it created a crash dump but I am unable to locate it thus far. (looked in c:\windows & c:\windows\LiveKernelReports )

0 Kudos
skip198
2 Bronze

Apologies - I completely forgot that I am currently running a non-standard audio driver (the generic "High Definition Audio Device" driver), so I can't really expect my crashes to be taken seriously until I revert back to the standard driver.  Just as an aside, the reason I am running this particular driver is: XPS 15 9560 excessive audio latency with WASAPI or ASIO applications

I'm going to stick with the non-standard driver for the time being - if it turns out that disabling Hibernate prevents the crashes, I think I'll be ok with that for a workaround, because it seems that Suspend doesn't require much power to keep the memory alive in this system.

0 Kudos
pandeysingh
1 Copper

There are many reasons for this error like pending updates, corrupt system files etc. Sometimes it becomes difficult for a non-tech guy to solve this error. So those users can follow these simple steps clearly.

1. Full Scan your PC with your Antivirus make sure that the antivirus is updated.

2. Now uninstall any third party software. And must uninstall that software which you have installed after windows 10.

3. After this Restart your system and run the pc for 1 2 hours. I hope these steps will help you a lot. If you still face any kind of problem simply visit https://validedge.com/unexpected-store-exception/ and get more solutions.

0 Kudos
Nona96
1 Copper

format the C drive ,that is one of the best option. if i don't understand what is wrong with the laptop,i format that drive and then I am good to go.

0 Kudos
lizaborne00
1 Copper

than you should reinstall the latest version of software …..

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jswami123
1 Copper

You need to resinstall the latest version.
0 Kudos