Highlighted
YakirOz
Copper

A docking station with a power button and 4k@60hz?

Jump to solution

Hey, I was looking for a docking station for my dell xps 15 9560 Dell WD15, which looks amazing! Power supply and a **power button**. However, it does not support 4k@60hz and my dreams fell apart.

Do you guys know about any other product that might meet the above requirements? (Power supply, a power button and 4k@60hz).

Or maybe dell can confirm it will release one in the future? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jphughan
Diamond

Re: A docking station with a power button and 4k@60hz?

Jump to solution
The WD15 has a Sleep/Wake button, not a power button. Apparently regular USB-C doesn’t allow a proper power button, which is why you’re having trouble. But the WD15 also doesn’t support 4K at 60 Hz. The TB16 has a power button and supports up to dual 4K @ 60 Hz, but it requires your system to support Thunderbolt 3.
jphughan
Diamond

Jump to solution
Sorry, missed that you specified the system you plan to use it with. The XPS 15 comes standard with Thunderbolt 3, so you’re fine to use the TB16, but you have to get the version that comes with a 240W power supply to use it with that system.
YakirOz
Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks! Does the TB16 comes also with a sleep/wake button or is it an actual power button?

0 Kudos
jphughan
Diamond

Jump to solution

@YakirOzwrote:

Thanks! Does the TB16 comes also with a sleep/wake button or is it an actual power button?

It's a power button, but you can use Windows Power Settings to have the power button put the system to sleep rather than shutting it down, and if you press a Power button while the system is asleep, then it will wake back up.  Basically it works just like the Power button built into your system, and its better than a Sleep/Wake button because that can only resume the system if it's sleeping, not power it up from being completely off.  If you have detailed technical questions or concerns, you may find it useful to read the TB16 manual, which you can find at support.dell.com by selecting Choose from products > Accessories > Docks.