ejvette
1 Copper

Active Pen PN579X Broken Tip Very Poor Design

I purchased a dell XPS laptop with an Active Pen 579X dropped the pen on the floor the 2nd day and the end of the tip broke off now any previous pens I have owned you just unscrew the end of the pen pop out the tip and replace but this pen there is no way to replace the tip because it gets pulled out from the end of the pen and if the protruding tip has broken off you have nothing to grab onto in order to remove the tip so the pen is rendered useless and you have $100 you have thrown in the garbage very poor design. fortunately for me it was new and I could return it. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

Re: Active Pen PN579X Broken Tip Very Poor Design

If you hold the Pen tip to the left, horizontally, turn it toward you.  If you are looking at it from the tip end, it turns clockwise.  Be careful and take note of the exact configuration, such as which end of the tip goes in first.

Of course, once you have removed the broken nib, you can reattach the tip and insert the new nib.

For info, the nibs from the Wacom Bamboo Ink work with the pen and they come in packages of 3.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
ejvette
1 Copper

So you are saying the end of the pen by the tip actually screws off?

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

@ejvette wrote:

So you are saying the end of the pen by the tip actually screws off?

Yes ..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XPS 2720, Inspiron 17 7779, Inspiron 15 7567, XPS 13 9365, Inspiron 1545, TB16 Dock

0 Kudos
ChestPlate
1 Copper

I dont know the exact nib from wacom I should get

0 Kudos
Saltgrass
4 Ruthenium

@ChestPlateI gave the Wacom model I used in a prior response (Bamboo Ink)..  Otherwise, look online for NIB and you should have some options.  This is for the Pen referenced in this thread.  I have not replaced the tip on other Pens.

If you can remove the broken Nib from the Pen, you can just insert the new one and will not need to unscrew the tip.  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos