Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

January 2nd, 2019 15:00

All apps closes after xps goes to sleep

I am not sure if this is intentional but everytime my xps goes to sleep on its own after inactivity (currently set at 5 mins), when I wake up the laptop all my tabs/apps are closed. Why is this happening? Is it a setting that I've missed?

Please help. I have the xps 13 9370. Just got it last month.

9.4K Posts

January 3rd, 2019 08:00

Hi Avathy,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

This may be caused by a display driver issue.  You could check those to see if they're up to date.  You may wish to check and see if there is a hardware issue as well.  Please run the Dell Support Assist.  Make a note of any error messages encountered and post back.  If there are none, then most likely it may be a driver or a software issue.

Here is information from the Windows Forum you may find helpful:

Windows 10 closing applications upon sleep or coming out of sleep mode

If you need additional assistance and the system is still under warranty, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service call -http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

1 Message

January 15th, 2020 21:00

I'm having the same issue on a Dell XPS 15 7590 32/1TB OLED.

I've tried a number of fixes I found around the web, but none of them appear to be working. I've updated display drivers (both the Intel and the NVidea), run a hardware scan, I've Reset Mail and Calendar just to fun - but that didn't work for them...

I'm at a complete loss as to how to proceed. I just defected from Mac to Windows for this specific machine and the fact that when I wake it up I can't immediately pick up where I left off is making me start to regret my decision.

I've spent quite a bit of time getting everything installed and the system running the way I want (personalization options), I don't want to have to wipe and reinstall from scratch to fix it.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you so much.

I tried to check this issue with the testing laptop and found no issues and it's working fine. I suspect this could be an issue with the operating system as the other hardware components are working fine. As your system has basic hardware warranty, I'm unable to assist you further with this due to limited support options. However, you could reach our Software support team on 866-516-3115 and they'll be able to look into this for you.
DELL-Cares

No Events found!