MrMinaj1
1 Nickel

Are loud very active fans & heat going to be detrimental to a computers shelf life?

My Dell XPS 15 9570 seems to have its fans constantly going, even when just browsing the internet! Its not too much of a distraction but when I dare to do anything even slightly more taxing like using an external webcam then the fans start going full pelt, its very loud and there is quite abit of heat on the bottom of the laptop, which i think is strange as i thought the fans were meant to keep it cool?! I only have 4 more days to send it back to Amazon, is this a fault with the machine? Will it end up giving up soon as the fans are constantly going or is it nothing to worry about? Very strange for an apparently high end machine

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Are loud very active fans & heat going to be detrimental to a computers shelf life?

Hi MrMinaj1,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Are loud very active fans & heat going to be detrimental to a computers shelf life?

Since we did not hear back from you, we will be closing our case.  Please reach out if you need additional assistance.  Thank you.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos