Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 10th, 2018 17:00

Audio not working. Says "No Audio output device is installed

My audio on my XPS 13 9350 has been working fine in the past. Then, I left for a couple hours. When I came back, I couldn't increase or decrease my volume. When hovering over the sound icon, it says "No Audio Output Device is installed." I tried some solutions, but they don't work.

Someone please help!

October 11th, 2018 19:00

Thank you so much for this. I was on looking for solutions for 2 hrs now hahha. It works!!! 

October 11th, 2018 19:00

Doolydan
Doolydan
Bronze

‎10-11-2018 10:26 AM
Re: Audio not working. Says "No Audio output device is

Hi I found a solution to this!!! 

My audio also stopped working today on my Dell XPS 13 9350, and I spent hours trying to fix and I finally did! 

Google "Support for XPS 13 9350 Drivers & Downloads" and go on Dell's website.

Scroll down until you find "Realtek ALC3266/3246 High Definition Audio Driver" and download that.

After downloading it, open it up, run it, and follow the steps that it gives you.

Then your laptop will restart and VOILA your audio SHOULD work again, at least, that's how I got mine to start working again. 

I hope this works for you!!! Smiley Happy v

October 12th, 2018 03:00

Thanks, this solution worked for me too. However, UK users (like me) should be aware that the Dell UK Drivers and Downloads site does not list this driver, whereas the US site does. Why this is, I cannot imagine, so the driver must be downloaded from the US site. 

All good now. :Smile:

1 Message

October 12th, 2018 14:00

Thanks, Doolydan! Your suggestion works perfectly! Many thank!

1 Message

October 12th, 2018 19:00

You saved the day!  Thank you for posting -t his worked great!!!  You'd think Dell would post a fix before the users had to figure it out.  :/

No Events found!