Solved!

Go to Solution

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

January 13th, 2021 03:00

Audioproblems on Dell XPS15 9500 i9 - Microphone completely gone

Hi,

a month ago my Laptop started to have audio issues. Headphones plugged in I would only have noise, after a while even the inbuilt speakers. Reinstalled audiodevices and speakers were fine again. Now my microphone is not working anymore. Reinstalled all audio devices. Nothing helps. Not sure, what to do anymore :-(.

The apps have access to the mic, I have to microphones available: Stereomix Realtec and Microphone Realtec. None of both is working.

When I do the windows troubleshooting, it says that my audio services "don´t answer". But they are running.

I think it all started, when this MaxxAudioPro App appeared on my Laptop. Not sure where it comes from and cannot uninstall it either.

Please help!

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

January 14th, 2021 01:00

So.... Update after @DELL-Cares could only come up with the solution of a system restore...

The culprit was the Dell Phone Connector App. Once uninstalled my microphone is back and working. Not sure, why this happened and if it would happen with other bluetooth devices, too, but for now the problem is solved.

• 

25.1K Posts

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

1 Rookie

• 

13 Posts

done!

• 

25.1K Posts

January 20th, 2021 07:00

Hi,

I'm Tejashree, one of the Supervisors at Dell Social Media Support. I’m glad to know that your system is working fine now. I’ve reviewed this case, and first of all, I’d like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

I'm also sorry that our support did not reach your expectations. However, your feedback is valuable to us, and we’ll be working on these areas to improve our services. If there's a next time, we'll make sure to turn around this experience for you.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Best regards,

Tejashree

Supervisor

Dell Social Media Team

1 Message

June 8th, 2021 06:00

Hello there,

5 months are gone since your post, i have the same mic problem with the i7 version of a brand new XPS 9500.

The Dell support could not find anything better than the same solution offered in 2020 to the other guy....reinstall the whole OS...

No Events found!