JohnnyHome
1 Copper

Bloated XPS 15 9570 Battery - Now what?

Please help me. I purchased an XPS 15 9570 in 2018 and the battery started to bloat so I removed it immediately. Where and how do I get one? I can't seem to find it and your Chat/Phone option is useless.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mary G
6 Indium

Re: Bloated XPS 15 9570 Battery - Now what?

Batteries can bloat when they are at end of life. Batteries are consumable parts that are only covered by warranty for one year. You should search Dell Support sitefor it. 

Beware of buying from marketplaces like Amazon, Ebay or private sellers--too many scams. I did find this from last year--

https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-15-9570-2019-model-battery-models-supported/m-p/7432450#M3847...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
JohnnyHome
1 Copper

Thank you, Mary G.

I found that thread as well but I'm afraid Dell doesn't have them in stock so I'll be without a battery for a while as I'm not comfortable with buying one from a different brand. I tried calling them but they (a prerecorded message) told me to email the parts department. Nobody responded.

Would you or anybody else have a good solution? I'm frustrated that this expensive machine is giving me such basic issues. The bloated battery might have broken the touchpad as well...

0 Kudos
JohnnyHome
1 Copper

Can a Dell expert reach out to me? I've tried calling, emailing and can't get to talk to anyone. I just need a new battery! "5XJ28" is the model number for the "6-Cell 97WHr Integrated" battery. Please help... This machine has been a total letdown...

0 Kudos
JohnnyHome
1 Copper

Can anyone help me please? Do I really need to start bashing Dell publically to get a response? I need a replacement battery! This is my work computer and I need help asap.

@DELL-Cares 

0 Kudos