Start a Conversation

Unsolved

J

10 Posts

January 13th, 2020 15:00

Bloated XPS 15 9570 Battery - Now what?

Please help me. I purchased an XPS 15 9570 in 2018 and the battery started to bloat so I removed it immediately. Where and how do I get one? I can't seem to find it and your Chat/Phone option is useless.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

January 14th, 2020 06:00

Batteries can bloat when they are at end of life. Batteries are consumable parts that are only covered by warranty for one year. You should search Dell Support sitefor it. 

Beware of buying from marketplaces like Amazon, Ebay or private sellers--too many scams. I did find this from last year--

https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-15-9570-2019-model-battery-models-supported/m-p/7432450#M38478

10 Posts

January 14th, 2020 11:00

Thank you, Mary G.

I found that thread as well but I'm afraid Dell doesn't have them in stock so I'll be without a battery for a while as I'm not comfortable with buying one from a different brand. I tried calling them but they (a prerecorded message) told me to email the parts department. Nobody responded.

Would you or anybody else have a good solution? I'm frustrated that this expensive machine is giving me such basic issues. The bloated battery might have broken the touchpad as well...

10 Posts

January 20th, 2020 11:00

Can a Dell expert reach out to me? I've tried calling, emailing and can't get to talk to anyone. I just need a new battery! "5XJ28" is the model number for the "6-Cell 97WHr Integrated" battery. Please help... This machine has been a total letdown...

10 Posts

January 24th, 2020 20:00

Can anyone help me please? Do I really need to start bashing Dell publically to get a response? I need a replacement battery! This is my work computer and I need help asap.

@DELL-Cares 

10 Posts

March 8th, 2020 17:00

Anyone? No response here and @DELL-Cares hasn't reached out. Even through email I haven't been able to find any help.

Looks like I have to start warning people to stay away from DELL products.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 8th, 2020 18:00

Parts People have a 6-Cell 97Wh battery in stock. The price for the battery is $149.00 and it's compatible with your system. Parts People also carry 3 -Cell 56WH battery for $119.00 but don't have any in stock yet.

Parts People com

https://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=23831

XPS 15 9570 Specifications

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/xps-15-9570-laptop/docs

Capture.PNG

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 12th, 2020 07:00

Any update JohnnyHome ? You contacted Dell Cares ? You check out Parts People? 

10 Posts

March 21st, 2020 13:00

Thanks for the links, @LSUFAN51  I obviously did my own research and those pages have been visited multiple times.

Parts People don't have anything in stock. @DELL-Cares doesn't really care (they might have to change their username) and haven't responded to any of my messages. The phone number tells me the Parts department is not available and the website is not useful at all. I'm amazed by the lowest level of support from this company. 

10 Posts

August 8th, 2020 10:00

It's crazy how DELL lets their customers hang. After months of asking where I could buy a replacement battery, they told me they hadn't been in stock and forwarded me to some 3rd party site that is known for selling bad (non-DELL) batteries. They'd notify me if they'd have them in stock again.

I ended up having to buy a battery through Parts-People for about $200 and because they're in the US, had to pay another $40 of duties on top. Thanks DELL... You are not able to deliver batteries for 7 months but some other company in the US is?

I didn't buy the cheapest machine but they don't seem to care how they hold up. On top of this, my DELL monitor (not the cheapest line either) after 2 years is showing crazy light bleeds (not the usual, but image-altering) and is giving me issues.

THIS IS THE LAST TIME I BUY DELL PRODUCTS
I understand that even quality products may fail, but at least I'd expect quality support and that has been non-existent.

No Events found!