Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

4 Posts

December 27th, 2021 08:00

Bluetooth and hibernation

Several weeks ago I requested help with a hibernation problem. The computer does not readily restart after hibernation. It requires many power switch attempts. Later I discovered that I can prevent the problem by switching to airplane mode prior to hibernation. However, I never did receive a solution.

Now I have a Bluetooth problem. The computer can reconnect to devices that had been connected earlier. However, it cannot connect to my new Sony headphones. My phone connects very well to them.

The laptop does not detect any Bluetooth devices when I try to add a device.

I have had two premium support sessions that did not lead to any insights. This was the pattern with the hibernation problem. After many sessions, the idea was to rebuild the OS. However, that had already been done for a different problem. It took me hours to recover. I never did recover some files because I didn't know how to make a good backup.

I would like suggestions about ideas to try.

• 

25K Posts

December 27th, 2021 08:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

• 

16.7K Posts

January 13th, 2022 10:00

Click here for information connecting your headphones to your pc.

Can you use Sony WH-1000XM4 on PC?

You will hear the voice guidance say, “Bluetooth pairing”. Wake the computer up if the computer is in standby (sleep) or hibernation mode. Register the headset using the computer. ... Click the [Bluetooth] tab, click the [Bluetooth] switch to turn on the Bluetooth function, then select [WH- 1000XM4].
No Events found!