Highlighted
3 Silver

Bluetooth mouse lag issues with new XPS 13 7390 2-in-1?

Jump to solution

Is anyone else having Bluetooth mouse lag issues with new XPS 13 7390 2 in 1? This is a brand new set i am using my BT mouse. I'm experiencing an issue where the mouse pointer takes a second to move after I start moving the BT mouse. It will continue to move smoothly as long as I don't stop; but if I stop, the cursor will exhibit the same initial movement lag. The track-pad works normally. The same BT mouse works normally on my other XPS 13 7390 2 in 1.

I've read some suggestions about modifying the Bluetooth Collaboration setting under the NIC but the new Killer NIC's don't appear to have that setting in Device Manager.

The old XPS 13 7390 2in1 inside device manager -> Intel Wireless Bluetooth -> Power management ->  there is option to untick "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

The brand new XPS 13 7390 2in1 do not have the same power management tab to untick "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

i checked both are on the same firmware and software version

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
3 Silver

Re: Bluetooth mouse lag issues with new XPS 13 7390 2-in-1?

Jump to solution

I have finally got the solution from @DELL-Cares .

Power Management tab can be found in https://dell.to/2XeB8dj

reference:

solution.jpg

View solution in original post

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I unclicked the power management box for all 4 instances in the Universal Serial Bus Controllers section of the device manager and the two Thunderbolt Controller sections under the System devices section of the device manager.  Since doing this my M<X Anywhere 2S bluetooth mouse has worked with no delay waking up.  Addressing the power management in the bluetooth section did not fix the problem.  I am using the 1.4.0 Bios version.  I think addressing the power management in the bluetooth section fixed the problem with earler Bios upgrades but the problem came back with the combination of 1.4.0 and the May Windows update. 

View solution in original post

40 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Junda15,

Have you gone into the bluetooth settings in Windows and then click more bluetooth options. Verify that the allow bluetooth  devices to find this pc is checked.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution
It is currently unchecked for allow bluetooth devices to find this pc. Never touched this. by default is unchecked. Should i check it and it will appear the options of power management ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Junda15,

You can check it to see if that will help the lagging. You can also go in the device manager under Bluetooth devices and then the “Intel Wireless Bluetooth” device.

Then go to properties, find the Power Management tab and disable it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

on my brand new xps 13 7390 2in1, i go into device manager under bluetooth devices and then Intel Wireless Bluetooth device, i do not see Power Management tab under properties. 

Can assist on this ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

See my fix

https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-13-7390-2-in-1-mouse-trackpad-intermittently-freeze/m-p/75278...

AFTER A LOT OF HEADACHE

Don't ask me why Dell is charging 2K for misconfigured laptops. Does anyone there do quality control before SHIPPING laptops ? 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

mux8,

Thank you for posting this information to the forum.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

20200403_215019.jpg

do you see the power management tab ? because i don't see it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

another set of same specs dell xps 13 7390 2in1 with same BIOS ver 1.31 and bluetooth firmware have the power management tab. 

20200403_215048.jpg

Can somebody from Dell, Intel and Killer explain why my laptop same set with same BIOS and bluetooth firmware got no power management tab ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue. Dell support hasn't managed to find a solution so far and tried useless things like using a different user account, install old version of killer wireless driver etc. Finally they made be rest the laptop and I lost all work. Still hasn't fixed the problem, the power management tab is missing from both control panel and device manger. 

@DELL-Jesse L please provide a solution. This expensive and new laptop has two USB Type-C port and I cannot block them with a mouse dongle, in fact most mouse use a USB Type-A dongle for receiver. Hence I really need my Microsoft Sculpt Wireless mouse to work on BT.

0 Kudos