cdogstu99
1 Nickel

Can't Turn On Bluetooth XPS 13 9350

My bluetooth is not on and I can't turn it on.

If i type bluetooth in search bar, i see option for 'bluetooth and other device settings'

if i click on it, there is no option to turn bluetooth on/off and if i try to add device it says bluetooth isn't on

note that dell had to replace my wireless card a few months back (with an intel card) but i'm now out of warranty.

endless headaches with this computer.

any ideas?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Mary G
5 Iridium

Re: Can't Turn On Bluetooth XPS 13 9350

Check Device Manager and make sure Bluetooth is listed there and not disabled. Your model should have Bluetooth and this card if the correct card* was reinstalled. If it is not, add a Bluetooth adapter cheaply like this one.

• *DW1820A 2x2 802.11ac 2.4/5GHz + Bluetooth4.1. 
0 Kudos
cdogstu99
1 Nickel

so when i go to the driver, there is a yellow exclamation point and in properties it says:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

I've updated the driver and still not working.

any ideas

0 Kudos
Sundog1966
1 Nickel

My bluetooth just went into a disabled state this morning. I just received an update from microsoft (KB4464218) The update details suggest that there is no relation to my problem. just before this happened. I am not sure if the update is the cause   or the card has failed. No other problems that I can tell. I have runn the usual debugging and gone into device manager and deleted the device and the driver file (in case they were corrupted) and re-scanned for the device which was found and re-installed with the qualcom driver. My problem is I do not know how to tell if the failure is due to the update or is an actual hardware failure. I downloaded and re-installed the drivers from the Dell support website for my service tag.

0 Kudos
jackdanndoo
1 Copper

i had to disable the driver and then enable it again.

steps

• windows key, type "device manager"
  • in device manager find your bluetooth device, double click to open the drop down
  • find the device with the exclamation mark, right click disable
  • then right click on it again to enable

at that point my bluetooth kicked in immediately

see of the menu here

https://pasteboard.co/HNGVxiD.png

SteveGarrett
1 Nickel

I went to device manager, disabled bluetooth and then enabled it on my Dell XPS and it started working again. Now if I can get the mouse pointer to stop freezing

0 Kudos
SteveGarrett
1 Nickel

I went to device manager, disabled bluetooth and then enabled it on my Dell XPS and it started working again. Now if I can get the mouse pointer to stop freezing

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
cdogstu99
1 Nickel

The Bluetooth on this computer is such a complete utter piece of garbage.

This is a continual problem.

I go to use Bluetooth and it's not on, no way to turn it on.  There is a yellow exclamation point next to the bluetooth driver.  I disable, and re-enable.  Nothing.  

Sometimes I have to completely uninstall the bluetooth driver and then restart the computer.

Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't.

Now my bluetooth is on and it won't recognize my AIRPODS.

CAN SOMEONE FROM DELL PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS PROBLEM!!!!!??????

I AM A LIFELONG DELL CUSTOMER AND WITH ALL THE PROBLEMS IVE HAD WITH THIS COMPUTER, I SWEAR THIS IS IT.  

IM THIS CLOSE TO BEING TOTALLY DONE WITH DELL.

NO MORE

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi cdogstu99,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

As I understand it AirPods are wireless Bluetooth earbuds released by Apple in December 2016. ... They automatically sync through Apple's iCloud service allowing users to switch audio sources to other supported devices connected by the same Apple ID.

Since Dell has not tested this system to work with AirPods, you may need to contact the device manufacturer for assistance in troubleshooting and resolving this issue.

Please run a systems diagnostics to see if there is a hardware issue.  Run Dell SupportAssist, make a note of any error messages and post back.  If there are no errors, then it possibly could be a software or driver issue.

Here is information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful:

Bluetooth Troubleshooting and Usage Guide

If you still require assistance and the system is under warranty, you may contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty or it is a driver or software issue, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service request. 

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
ithinktfiam
1 Nickel

I have the same problem and just found this thread. It's been a few months since I needed BT but it used to work. Now it's missing.

However, what's the next step when bluetooth is completely missing from Device Manager. It's just not there.

0 Kudos