Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

11 Posts

December 19th, 2018 20:00

Can't reinstall Dell Update?

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS 13 9360. Dell Update came installed on it, but after several months it didn't show any new updates. So I checked Dell's XPS 9360 support page, and found that several updates were available—including a new version of Dell Update.

So I uninstalled DU from my machine (via "Programs and Features"), rebooted my PC, downloaded the new DU installer, turned off Protected Folders (I don't have Windows User Account Control turned on), and ran the DU installer as an administrator.

The install said it was successful. However, the only file in its folder (C:\Program Files\Dell\Update) is Readme.txt (which itself has no useful details about the install). When I try to run DU from the Start Menu shortcut, Windows says the file doesn't exist.

Any ideas? Thanks!

9.4K Posts

December 20th, 2018 06:00

Hi Ander333,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Here is information you may find helpful:  Dell Update - Overview and common questions

If the system is under warranty, please contact me privately. Be sure to include your personal information (name, address, telephone, email) and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

If there is no warranty, then you could contact our Out of Warranty team to get a quote for a paid service call -http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

11 Posts

November 25th, 2019 01:00

Yes, I knew my warranty had expired—that's why I posted here in the "Community" rather than contacting Dell directly. I assumed other users would reply, not a Dell technician.

Maybe you always reply anyway, to offer the service renewal? I'm just trying to understand what "Community" means. Thanks!

No Events found!