Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

9 Posts

July 1st, 2020 11:00

Cooling Fan on and loud: XPS 9570

i9-8950HK CPU@2.9-GH

mem: 32G

The fan is frequently turned on, even w/o any use. The machine is great but has been showing heating issues since the beginning with freezing. After bios update a few times and disabling the C-state at least it does not freeze fully. But Fan noise is really annoying. And often the task manager shows 'Service - Dell support assist' uses a lot of power (see attached). 12% of 32 G!

Does anyone have a similar issue?

(opening tickets ends up in basic questions all the time - don't use on the bed, don't use on a pillow, no peripherals ... its annoying as I explain every time that I am using it properly. Using support is a waste of my time as they start treating as if I am doing a wrong use even after explaining, and it takes hours to troubleshoot anything if at all, so I gave up). The community advice has been useful, traditionally, where I can at least get some working solution.

Please share your thoughts if you have encountered similar issues on Fan noise?

Untitled.png

• 

25.1K Posts

July 1st, 2020 11:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

No Events found!