Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 28th, 2018 09:00

XPS 13 9370, DA300, connection and charging

I am on the verge of buying an XPS 13 9370 but I have discovered that if I want to use the USB-C Mobile Adapter DA300 that I will not be able to charge the laptop at the same time as both units will want to use the USB-C port

As there is only one USB-C port this will be impossible

What solution have others used please to get around this rather basic oversight on Dell's part!

5.6K Posts

Read this.

All three XPS 13 9370 ports can "charge" but;

* The two left side TB3/USB Type-C ports have Power Delivery accept a higher current and when using processor intense applications deliver the power necessary to run the processor at full capacity and charge at the same time

Left side.JPG

* The right side USB Type-C also has Power Delivery but the processor will not run at full capacity

Right side.JPG

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

The 9370 has four USB-C ports -- two on the left that are also capable of Thunderbolt 3, and two on the right that are just regular USB-C ports.  What's the problem here?  If you're looking at an earlier XPS 13 and simply misquoted the model name, then the XPS 13 9365 2-in-1 has a USB-C/TB3 port on the left and a regular USB-C port on the right.  The older 9360 and 9350 "standard style" laptops only have a single USB-C/TB3 port, but they also have a traditional AC adapter connector next to it, and they can be charged either that way or via USB-C.

Whatever the case, it seems there was a "rather basic oversight" here, but it wasn't on Dell's end. :P

1 Message

May 6th, 2019 11:00

No need to be snarky.

No Events found!