Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 6th, 2018 02:00

DELL XPS 15 9570 Pen

Witch digital - active pen is compatible with Dell XPS 15 9570 ??

• 

16.7K Posts

December 6th, 2018 06:00

Ananst,

Unfortunately, none of the active stylus pens that Dell sells will work on the xps 9570 platforms. You will need a Passive Pen.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

December 6th, 2018 08:00

You have a much higher possibility of an Active Pen being compatible if you are working with a 2-in-1 system.

If you are looking at some particular system, go to the products page and configure it to see if lower on the page it shows some type of compatible Pen.

20 Posts

March 26th, 2019 04:00

The XPS 15 9570 with 4K touchscreen uses, at least in some cases, a Wacom touch sensor that is interoperable with a stylus that uses Wacom's AES protocol. These include Dell's own stylus (which supports both Wacom AES and Microsoft's MPP), Wacom's own Bamboo Ink, and at least some of Lenovo's styli.

I got myself a Lenovo GX80K32884 at half price from Amazon Warehouse, considering I may have to return it, and it worked fine out of the box. Both buttons are distinctly recognized. It comes with three replacement nibs.
Of course, YMMV, as I have seen no guarantee that every XPS 15 9570 does use a Wacom digitizer. Mine had no indication that it did.

Oh, and don't believe what you read about a feel as good as writing with a fountain pen on parchment: it feels exactly like writing with a plastic pin on a glass surface. But that is OK.

No Events found!