Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 4th, 2018 10:00

Defective new Dell XPS delivered

I received my brand new DELL XPS 9570 on 30/11/18. Unfortunately, I immediately discovered that there was an issue with the AC adapter not being recognised, so the battery can not be charged. I tried to troubleshoot following guidance offered by Dell as well as some other posts I found here in the community, without any luck though. Today, I spoke with tech support  and they told me I could arrange repairment, as the problem could be caused by a faulty charger to a defective motherboard. Of course, my response was that I do not want repairment of the laptop from day 1 and instead I asked for replacement. Then, I was redirected back and forth from customer care to tech support, as the representatives did not know which department was entitled to deal with this issue. I haven't got any wiser on that yet.

Eventually, they offered two solutions; either return the laptop and get refund, but this will take too long and I'm currently in great need of the laptop for my master degree so this is no option for me, or get it repaired. I have no issue if just the charger needs to be replaced, but I would not prefer repairments on my new laptop which may eventually lead to other malfunctions. I want to ask if anybody has any similar experience, cause it is really hard to believe that a company of such magnitude has no other way to deal with this, apart from repairing a brand new product.Trying to get a second opinion I also contacted Dell's Greek department (I am from Greece) and they told instead that this would be handled by immediate replacement within 30 days from delivery.

I frankly don't know how to handle this, so any guidance or help would be more than welcome.

Thanks

PS: the purchase was made at the online shop of Dell in Netherlands

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

December 4th, 2018 11:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience surrounding your new order. I will be glad to assist you with this.

You have an option for a new replacement on new system within the first 30 days. Maybe the reason they offered a refund could be because the same model or specification is not readily available in your region.

I can look into this and check what is the best option available.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

No Events found!