Highlighted

Re: Delivery times for April - May 2020 orders

Ordered a gaming laptop (not Alienware) on May 11th was told and assured it would be here May 19th-22nd, I told the guy are you sure cause I just signed up for two classes and am needing a laptop, he said yes yes it will be there to you, I gave you expedited shipping for free. I was like okay I'll order it then.  May 18th I get a notice my order shipped, FedEx says estimated delivery of May 19th.  I wait all day, nope nothing moving..the next day May 20th I chat with someone from customer service, they tell me oh it is shipping May 21st and will be to you on May 22nd, I said um how can it be shipped on that date when I already got an email saying it shipped on the 18th? He goes no no you'll get it May 22nd. I said okay, I look nothing on FedEx and a pending delivery date when FedEx gets the item. I call this time, being told that no it's actually shipping from Asia, and won't hit the USA until May 25th, I am livid as I asked before I bought will I get it by the stated date as I have signed up for two classes and was assured it would be. I would not bank on Dell's word nor would I believe the estimated delivery dates, I would tack on another two weeks or a month. The CEO and such don't care as long as the money keeps rolling in, I called once again the other day and got cussed at and called a profane name by someone when I asked for the head office number so I can contact one of the higher-ups. Good luck all and I hope you get your items or money back. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hi,

indeed shipping and updates on the latter isn't very smooth (these days?).

From my side, as a very big surprise UPS just stopped by my house on the 20th, delivering the 2nd (replacement laptop). At that precise time it was still marked on UPS website as (in transit to UPS facility) and UPS told me the day before that they never received the goods to be shipped. Very strange, I've been working with UPS for years and this is the very first time I see this happen. No tracking at all even though there are 3 to 4 intermediate scanning points between china and my place in France.

Worst part, upon unboxing I had to discover that the new device had a dead pixel. So frustrating.

As you point out, at that point I was so scared about the additional delay to get all refunded that I decided to disassemble both units, the 1st and the second, and swap displays. I now have my replacement unit up and running with the display of the first and all is good (for now). But obviously one shouldn't have to do this.

For what it is worth, I'm in France you in the US, delivery from China to France with UPS took 8 days the first time, 12 days the second (starting from the day that DELL announced shipment and gave me the UPS tracking number).

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

I ordered an Aurora R8 with a 2080ti and an i7 9700k processor, the pandemic heavily affected the supply chain and it is highly likely that one of these components might be missing. I ordered my product on May 22nd, and the estimated delivery date is June 30. Fingers crossed. 

0 Kudos