Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 26th, 2018 19:00

Dell 9575 2 in 1; Intel Display Audio and Realtek Audio

My 9575 frequently has the sound cutting out.  Sometimes when I open device manager and disable and then re-enable the Realtek Audio drvier under "Sound, video and game controllers", the sound comes back on.  Recently after hooking my computer up to a TV through HDMI, after finishing and unplugging the HDMI the sound cut out again.  Disabling and re-enabling didn't work.  But when I disabled the Intel Display Audio, I got the sound back.  It suggests to me that maybe the Intel Display Audio and Realtek Audio are stepping on each others toes, so to speak.  I hope Dell will look into this.  Thank-you.

33 Posts

November 9th, 2018 13:00

My sound issue have resolved with the instructions at the following link:

https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/9575-sound-issues-persist-need-Realtek-audio-driver-update/td-p/6207867

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

July 26th, 2018 20:00

Which device do you have set as the default when you have the TV connected and when you don’t have one connected? And do you have Hyper-V installed?

33 Posts

July 27th, 2018 09:00

The Intel audio kicks in when connecting to HDMI.  I have tried connecting to HDMI with the Intel driver disabled, but then no sound comes through to the TV at all.  When I turn on the Intel audio, sound comes on through the TV.  As to Hyper-V I do not know.  I do not run Hyper-V, have never installed it that I know of.

No Events found!