Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

1 Rookie

• 

27 Posts

February 24th, 2019 09:00

Dell Support Assist

Dell Support Assist was not working, so uninstalled and tried to reinstall.  But when I try to reinstall error message states that DSA is already on the system.  ??  Have looked for it in C:\Programs and Programs - nothing.  Whn this app was working was very helpful, but now pain in the butt!

• 

16.7K Posts

February 25th, 2019 09:00

munk1,

To uninstall support assist follow the information below.

Uninstall SupportAssist

Prerequisites

• The SupportAssist window must not be open on the system.
  • Depending on your operating system, ensure that there are no pending SupportAssist notifications on the Windows Action Center or taskbar.

Steps

1. Depending on the operating system, perform one of the following:
    • On Microsoft Windows 8. x ( x can be 0 or 1) or Windows 10, press the Windows logo key, point to Control panel > Programs, and click Programs and Features.
    • On Microsoft Windows 7, click Start, go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features .
    The Uninstall or change a program page is displayed.
  2. Right-click Dell SupportAssist, and click Uninstall.
  3. When you are prompted to confirm the uninstallation, click Yes.
SupportAssist is uninstalled.

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

• 

16.7K Posts

February 25th, 2019 10:00

munk1,

Do a search on the system for Dell Support Assist by typing in the search box next to the start button.

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

1 Rookie

• 

27 Posts

February 25th, 2019 10:00

I have done all that.  But when trying to reinstall error message = already installed!  ??

1 Rookie

• 

27 Posts

February 25th, 2019 11:00

Did the search, but only took me to Dell web site.

1 Rookie

• 

27 Posts

February 25th, 2019 12:00

Just created a local account as you suggested, but I downloaded DSA from Dell and got the same message as before.

Installation Canceled 

The latest version of SupportAssist is already installed.

??????????

1 Rookie

• 

27 Posts

February 25th, 2019 12:00

Tried to install DSA from your link, but this is the results -

"INSTALLATION CANCELED"

THE LATEST VERSION OF SUPPORTASSIST IS ALREADY INSTALLED

??????????????

Tried to send image but do not understand Dell's info request for image.  ??

• 

16.7K Posts

February 26th, 2019 04:00

munk1,

Click the link below and follow the instructions as the user named DellFarmer. Also, you will need to contact Dell out of warranty support here

SupportAssist 

March 31st, 2019 02:00

Latest windows update broke the Hardware Analysis run. It's been broken sense 2-15ish.

your fine, Dell is simply being lazy on getting it resolved.

2 Posts

July 19th, 2021 14:00

Having issues as well with Support Assist. Uninstalled but now can’t get it to re-install. Get error “Installation failed” with message to reboot and try again. Same thing happens if I try running any scan (quick or full) under Diagnostics in my Dell account online. 

No Events found!