Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

2 Posts

January 14th, 2020 18:00

Dell TB16 dock no longer detected by thunderbolt software

Just yesterday using my xps 15 9550 docked to the tb16 as normal, the dock began to start glitching in that the video would freeze and nothing would work that was connected to the dock whereas the laptop was still working fine. I then disconnected the cable and reconnected the dock but only this only video duplication worked.

The ethernet, audio, and usb connections all stopped working. I then checked intel's thunderbolt software and usually it shows two devices connected, a dell thunderbolt cable and the tb16 dock. This time however, the dock was not detected but rather only the cable was. 

Nothing on the dock works except video duplication. I have had to switch back to my dell d3100 dock but would much rather prefer to use my tb16 dock. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue? This dock is no longer in warantee and it is quite expensive to try and replace. 

19 Posts

January 15th, 2020 08:00

Same thing has happened to me overnight. Worked yesterday and now I can't get it to work at all even after updating everything and restarting multiple times.

Maybe related to windows update KB4528760?

• 

25K Posts

January 15th, 2020 12:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to write back whenever you are available.

2 Posts

January 15th, 2020 16:00

Hi so this issue is mainly happenning when I connect all my peripherals to the dock. It used to work fine before but I also recently did the windows update and started seeing the errors. Maybe it is related to the power brick that came with my dock? I have the 180W brick. Is that the issue?

19 Posts

January 16th, 2020 08:00

Tested with multiple TB16 docks now and none of them work with my XPS 9560 anymore actually.

• 

25K Posts

January 16th, 2020 09:00

Hi,

I have replied to you via a private note.

DELL-Gautam M

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell

No Events found!