nicopace
1 Nickel

Dell XPS 13 9343 QHD+, LED Blinking Amber 4 times, White 1 times, 8 beeps after Screen Replacement

Hi,

I am replacing the screen of my XPS 13 9343 QHD+ because the gorilla glass was broken.

With the broken one, the screen works ok... but when I change it to the new one and turn it on, no matter if it is with charger or not, it does 8 beeps and the front led blinks 4 times in amber and 1 in white.... after some time it turns off.

Already did the screen test pressing and holding the D key while powering it up, and it shows the colors.

When the system boots it shows the Dell logo.

It does exactly the same with the touchscreen plugged in or not.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
7 Replies
nicopace
1 Nickel

Re: Dell XPS 13 9343 QHD+, LED Blinking Amber 4 times, White 1 times, 8 beeps after Screen Replaceme

Just to add some more info... I tried to start the diagnostics tool (holding the Fn key while powering up), and while it says that it will start it ... it turns off before running it, doing the same noises and lights.

0 Kudos
nicopace
1 Nickel

Re: Dell XPS 13 9343 QHD+, LED Blinking Amber 4 times, White 1 times, 8 beeps after Screen Replaceme

I also tried to do the cold boot, by unplugging the charger and the battery, and pressing the power button for 50 seconds... but no luck... it still does the annoying sound and lightning drill.

0 Kudos
nicopace
1 Nickel

I accidentally booted the computer with no screen plugged in... and it did the exactly same sound and lights!

So:

* when blinks 4 ambar, 1 white and beeps intermitently, it seems to be that there is no screen detected

* there seems to be a reason why even having a screen connected (and having output: the dell logo and the colors with the screen test) it makes the same symptom.

0 Kudos
ejn63
5 Rhenium

Since it appears the screen is OK, that would leave the mainboard as the faulty part.  Whatever impact damaged the original screen must also have done damage to the system board.

0 Kudos
nicopace
1 Nickel

Thanks Ejn63,

It doesn't make sense for the mainboard to be faulty, as it is working with the previous part.

0 Kudos
ejn63
5 Rhenium

Is the replacement screen identical to the original one?

0 Kudos
TheBigRow
1 Copper

Re: Dell XPS 13 9343 QHD+, LED Blinking Amber 4 times, White

Did you ever fix this? I have the exact same problem after replacing the screen.

0 Kudos