Start a Conversation

Unsolved

P

7 Posts

November 19th, 2018 01:00

XPS 13 9350, touchpad issues, #5

XPS 9350 Windows 10:

Hi, my touchpad was going crazy several weeks ago (pointer jumping and randomly clicking) so I disabled it to fix at a future time. I wanted to take a look at it today, but now I can't find the option to turn it back on! In the touchpad settings, there is only an option for sensitivity. I also can't find anything in the additional settings.

When I look at the mouse drivers, I have a HID-compliant mouse and PS/2 Compatible Mouse. I can't find a HID-compliant touchpad. Looking at some of the other posts, I wanted to try to download and install the Synaptics general drive however when I go to their website under the driver tab there is no driver to download!

Also running the driver diagnosis on the Dell driver website doesn't give me any results. 

Help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

November 19th, 2018 05:00

Give this site a try. Microsoft keeps a catalogue of almost every driver imaginable. You will find quite a list of drivers for your touchpad. Try the newest (you can arrange according to date).

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=dell+synaptics

7 Posts

November 19th, 2018 07:00

I downloaded the latest driver and installed it. However, I'm still unable to turn my touchpad back on.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 19th, 2018 10:00

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you with this.

Please run a custom test on the touchpad & check if the touchpad responds.

1) Press at the Dell Logo screen

2) At the One Time Boot menu, press the arrow key to highlight Diagnostics, then press to begin ePSA.

3) Choose no for memory test and then choose system test

4) Now click on custom test and highlight Touchpad/ input devices and click run test

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

Click here to find the service tag -  https://dell.to/2xXUCUW

7 Posts

November 19th, 2018 18:00

I ran the diagnosis per your instruction, however after I chose no for memory test it completed the test. It didn't give me the option to choose system test. On the result page, there was no results or option for touchpad/input devices.

The results for the ePSA test were fine.

7 Posts

November 19th, 2018 18:00

Thank you, I will send you a private message.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 20th, 2018 04:00

I will wait for your private message. Please share the BIOS version installed.

7 Posts

November 20th, 2018 19:00

I just sent another PM. Thanks.

7 Posts

November 21st, 2018 00:00

I've downloaded the synaptics driver and updated to BIOS 1.9 and now my Touchpad driver and options in the settings have completely disappeared. 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 21st, 2018 06:00

I am afraid, I am unable to get any details with the service tag you have shared.

Was this system purchased from a retailer?

Open settings- Devices- Touchpad & change the sensitivity & check if this responds.

This system has a precision touchpad & does not have a control panel of its own.

Please check if the system tag matches in BIOS seems like the system tag is not registered.

7 Posts

November 22nd, 2018 18:00

I found and redownloaded the touchpad for the XPS 9350. The touchpad settings are back but I'm still unable to use the touchpad. 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 23rd, 2018 04:00

Do you have Dell Support assist installed? If yes, please click on Troubleshoot- I want to run a test on a specific hardware – Mouse (2nd mouse option) & run a test check if the touchpad diagnostic passes.

If the test passes. Please create another user account by following this link http://bit.ly/2M2UIo8  & check if the touchpad works, if not back up your data & then reset the OS by following this link https://dell.to/2BslaAX

No Events found!