Highlighted
mitsos1os
1 Nickel

Dell XPS 13 9360 missing Dell power plan after Windows 10 clean install

I have an XPS 13 9360. When I first used it there was a power option named Dell.

After a few weeks, I had to clean install Windows 10. I formatted, clean installed, installed all needed drivers from Dell Driver Download webpage and everything runs normally. Everything but the missing Dell Power Plan! I only have balanced right now!

I have seen quite some threads with people getting the same issue, and there are recommendations such as hacking the registry etc... Isn't there a simple automated way (installer maybe???) that is used to add this configuration to the system? I can't believe that Dell engineers hack every XPS and tamper with different registry settings just to enable this option! :BigSmile:

I would appreciate it if someone provided a solution.

PS: I also lost most of the more advanced power options (See screenshot attached), as other users report as well for the same problem!

Thanks!

power-options.JPG

0 Kudos
4 Replies
S1lentSymph0ny
1 Nickel

Re: Dell XPS 13 9360 missing Dell power plan after Windows 10 clean install

If anything from Dell's site automatically creates a power profile I would assume it is the Dell Power Manager.   

Did you install the Dell Power Manager after the clean install?

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=8MJFN

0 Kudos
Mary G
5 Iridium

Make sure you expand the list of power plans to see them all. Power Options, Advanced Power settings, show additional plans.

0 Kudos
mitsos1os
1 Nickel

@S1lentSymph0ny wrote:

If anything from Dell's site automatically creates a power profile I would assume it is the Dell Power Manager.   

Did you install the Dell Power Manager after the clean install?

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=8MJFN

Yes I have installed Dell Power Manager.... Only software is installed and no power plan added!

0 Kudos
mitsos1os
1 Nickel

@Mary G wrote:

Make sure you expand the list of power plans to see them all. Power Options, Advanced Power settings, show additional plans.

Nothing else there... Only balanced profile!

0 Kudos