Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 1st, 2019 21:00

XPS 13 9380, "Slow charger, charging slowly" Windows notification

My XPS 13 (bought last week) is showing "Slow charger, charging slowly" Windows notification each time I installed new software and plugged in the original charger.

I have already updated the BIOIS (manually, was not possible through the SupportAssist) and all other drivers.

The message goes away after a restart but it comes back with new software installations.

This issue for another XPS model is mentioned in the following discussion and the solution was to update BIOS which did not work in my case.

ISSUE - Dell XPS 15 9575 "Slow charger,charging slowly" Windows notification 

What might be the problem?

5 Posts

November 10th, 2019 17:00

Hi @jphughan,

The issue is resolved once I updated the BIOS and restarted the system.

The Battery Information section shows AC Adaptor 45W and the adaptor was directly connected to the system.

• 

25.1K Posts

October 2nd, 2019 05:00

Hello prazr,

Thanks for posting and for providing your service tag information in Private Message.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.  We've opened a service request for you and are responding in private to protect your personal information.  Thanks.

1 Message

November 10th, 2019 14:00

Hi! I'm having the same issue with my new xps 13. I would love to know how to solve too

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

November 10th, 2019 15:00

@prazr  the XPS 15 9575 requires a 130W power source, whereas the 9380 only requires a 45W power source.  To get one more data point, go into your BIOS Setup by pressing F2 during initial startup and check the Battery Information section.  Underneath the battery graphic, the system will show the wattage of the connected power source or the wattage it's actually drawing from it, whichever is less.  What does it say when you have your original Dell charger plugged directly in?  Also, do you have it plugged directly into the system, not through any sort of hub or adapter that performs power passthrough?  Sometimes those adapters take power for themselves and therefore pass less through to the actual system.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

November 10th, 2019 17:00

Good to hear you’re set. 45W is correct for the XPS 13 systems, and they’ll show that even if you have a higher wattage USB-C source connected because 45W is all they’ll draw.

No Events found!