Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

2 Posts

April 28th, 2020 12:00

Dell XPS 15 7590 constantly disconnects from Skype when connected to TB16 dock.

We recently setup a user with a brand new XPS 7590 and TB16 docking station. We updated all firmware and drivers before handing the laptop over. The issue in question is when the user attempts a call from SFB, the call will always disconnect either instantly or around 2-3 seconds into the call.

We tested the laptop off the dock and there were no issues with Skype calls. We deduced that the dock appears to be the reason.

We made sure all firmware and drivers were up to date, but the issue still persists. I can't find any articles related to this issue alone. There are no other issues apparent with this dock. 

Has anyone dealt with this issue? If not then we are looking for any feedback. Also should mention we repaired and reinstalled O365 to no effect. If anyone has knowledge to share please let me know.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

April 28th, 2020 14:00

@BortLazor  haven't seen this specific issue reported, but the TB16 itself has had more than its fair share of problems, particularly in relation to USB device connectivity.  Dell has since replaced that dock with the WD19TB.  I realize that is far from an ideal solution and not really a proper "solution" at all since of course the TB16 should work properly, but if at all feasible, it might be worth seeing whether a WD19TB works better.

No Events found!