Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

6 Posts

December 6th, 2020 21:00

Dell XPS 15 9500 touchpad Isse December 2020

Its December 7th 2020 I got my Dell XPS 15 9500 4k model in Sydney Australia. The same issue again. I had to return the product because of the wobbly trackpad. The 2nd one comes in and again same issue. I contacted Dell regarding this talking to someone higher level. I will not disclose the name but what he said was. This issue is not going to be solved as they dont have parts like in US. And I asked why they still were selling the product then if the issue is not going to be solved. He then said that normal people will not notice this issue so they are still selling this. This is what your answer is to the issue. They were saying I have to wait 3 4 months to fix this issue after the replacement product arrives. 

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

December 7th, 2020 04:00

Dell is aware that some XPS 15 9500 customers might be experiencing an issue with their touchpad. We have identified and resolved this issue on all systems shipping in June 2020 and beyond. While functionality is not affected, it does not meet the stringent quality and experience standards we set for ourselves. Any current XPS 15 9500 customers experiencing this issue can contact Dell customer support  to have it remediated.

6 Posts

December 12th, 2020 00:00

REALLY???? I GOT MY 2ND model after November 2020 2 units both of them have issues. 1st one had touchpad issue. 2nd one the display is not intact and it makes clicky sound even touching it. The battery is absolutely terrible 3 hrs 5 min while playing media in 30 % brightness and half way speaker volume. And then the main issue trackpad super wobbly.

6 Posts

December 12th, 2020 00:00

And the answer I get from Dell customer support is WOULD YOU LIKE A REFUND??? SERIOUSLYYYY.  When I said there are these issues The technical expert said we know there is issue and they don't know why the company is still selling the laptop. And when I said send me a replacement he said, the new one will also have a same issue so there is no point in me getting one. WAWOOO WHAT A CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

23 Posts

December 12th, 2020 16:00

I received 3 XPS 9500's with this issue over the last 4 months (latest was last week). Dell obviously is not resolving this issue but they do offer to.come out and fix it - at least in the UK. I have returned the XPS and am now moving on. I don't think you will get anywhere expecting Dell to resolve the issue at source. Whilst the XPS is beautiful, there are other competitors out there, Lenovo and Razer being just 2. Good luck

5 Posts

December 29th, 2020 23:00

My first XPS 15 9500 arrived in June and it worked great for about a month.  Then the left click became an issue.

Dell sent out a technician with a replacement touchpad assembly.  The touchpad was immediately problematic.

Dell sent out a second technician and the replacement touchpad assembly was also immediately problematic.  But...  A new problem showed up with the new assembly, the power button would not work.

Dell sent out a third technician who showed up with a white touchpad assembly for my black laptop.  Fail...

Dell then shipped me a newly built system in November.  The touchpad was immediately problematic on this newly built machine.  I was then asked to open the machine and try the tape fix which I did.  After a few hours of trial and error I just gave up.  The touchpad is now firm but the right click is soft and often unresponsive.  Worse off, the left click has moment where it will not work no matter how many clicks until I move my finger to a different spot.

Dell just put in an order for another new machine which is due to arrive the first week of February.  I was told that they have now fixed the issue but that is what they claimed in mid 2020.

If this touchpad would just work properly then I would say hand down this is the nicest laptop I have ever owned for my business work. But I use the touchpad a lot and for $2500 I expect this thing to work flawlessly.

No Events found!