ChadID
1 Copper

Dell XPS 15 (9550) Battery Swelling, mouse pad lifting.

My Dell XPS 15 (9550) Battery is swelling and lifting the mouse pad up over the width of a penny.

Called Dell support and they said that I could buy a USED battery for $81 and that they don't make the battery or replacements anymore.

Does anyone know where the best place to get a NEW genuine Dell 9950 (rrcgw) 11.4v 56wh battery or equivalent quality battery that's not going to blow up on me for a reasonable price?

On top of that I just ordered two 15in 7000 2-in-1's through Costco today and now discovered this problem with their "top of the line" XPS so I'm seriously considering canceling my order if I can't get this sorted out asap.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ejn63
5 Rhenium

Re: Dell XPS 15 (9550) Battery Swelling, mouse pad lifting.

Call Dell Spare Parts directly.

1-800-357-3355

If you're looking for a new system that doesn't use the type of battery that swells at end of life, your pickings are going to be very slim.  Lenovo still has a couple of T-series systems that use conventional steel-cased batteries, and Clevo makes their large 17" gaming systems with the conventional battery packs. Just about everything else from everyone else uses pouch cells - these will swell up on failure.

0 Kudos