irnltd
1 Copper

Re: Dell XPS 15 9560 black screen

The same issue there. Still no answer from Dell?

0 Kudos
Deivydaskin
1 Copper

Nope.

0 Kudos
w.d.s.
1 Copper

I'm having the same issues. I discovered that if I use the USB C connector to an external monitor and then switch to secondary monitor only the machine works fine -- so far. But if I try to boot normally (plugged-in) using only the built-in screen, the display is black/blank. I can use the fingerprint auth., but see nothing. if I connect up my external monitor, I can then use the laptop.

I paid a lot of money for this laptop, as everyone else did. I need a resolution to this issue.

0 Kudos
wirehack7
1 Copper

Looks like Dell doesn't care about that problem. Nor does Nvidia or Microsoft, I wrote them all. Nvidia and Microsoft told I have to ask Dell.

So we are having a laptop which we cannot use when latest drivers are installed. And Dell plays "we can't hear you!"

0 Kudos
NobitaBourne
1 Copper

This is really frustrating, no help from the support side in my country too. Advice me to clean format and stop windows update. 

0 Kudos
enridalco
1 Copper

This is unacceptable. I lost my most recent data. I know that I should have made a backup, but xps is meant to be a reliable work station. Who would ever imagine this sort of critical failure? I know, I keep my nvidia drivers updated, but being punished like this? Also, “windows as a service” is pretty much a failure if it is not consistent at least in flagship workstations like this one...

for now, I’m installing all the new drivers (expect for thermal framework, which is bugged. Also remained unfixed) and keep the nvidia gpu one with the last retreived from dell support site. What are you going to do, Dell? Are you going to notify us when everything is fixed and we can keep our machines up to date? I guess not, since these two issues are not officially recognized.

i use this as personal laptop but think about who use this for work. This is unbelievable... Not the issue itself, but the lack of support.

0 Kudos
boant
1 Copper

OMG.

Thanks for the leg up.

Almost placed the order.

My kid uses a Macbook from 6 years back and no problem all. :Confused:

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DJElrae
1 Copper

Hello!

I think I have had the same problem for over a week now, black screen sometimes with cursor and corrupted QR-code-like boxes.

I found a temporary solution, disabling Intel HD 630 Graphics.  Obviously not ideal.  Worth a try though if the following doesn't help.

I have fixed the problem, including after multiple restarts with or without mains power and with all update programs showing fully updated.

I installed NVidia Hotfix 398.18.  You can find it by searching for 398.18 Hotfix in the Support section of the NVidia website, or here... https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4678/kw/398.18%20hotfix

Click the link, follow the instructions.  Hope it helps others!

DJElrae
1 Copper

I should have added...

As I was stuck on black screen, I first had to boot into Safe Mode and disable the Intel HD 630 in that.

Here's a list of ways to get to safe mode... https://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-10

You might be able to install the Hotfix in Safe Mode.  As I could use "normal" Windows after disabling the Intel Graphics, I did it in there, restarted, re-enabled Intel Graphics in Device Manager and restarted again.

0 Kudos
ItzScience
1 Copper

Can you please explain how you booted into safe mode?  None of these options listed seem to work for me.

Of course, I never made a recovery usb. It seems like I never learn my lesson with these things...

0 Kudos