Highlighted
rubinjos
Bronze

Dell XPS 15 (9560) touch screen stopped working all of a sudden!!!!!!

I purchased a XPS 15 (9560) with a touch screen in Nov. 2017 and have been using this computer since December.  No issues with the touch screen for the first 2 months.  Then all of a sudden....IT IS NOT WORKING. 

After doing some research online, I contacted Dell Support.  

I spent almost 2 hours with tech support doing a variety of things to try and fix the problem.  Checked Device Manager - touch device driver is there, no problems. Did reboot, did USB device checks, did Dell's online hardware check, did disable/enable touchscreen device - no results. Many other tests.  The touch screen stays dead.

All drivers are up to date.  There were absolutely no software changes immediately proceeding this issue.  

Dell wants to replace the LCD screen.  I am not sure this will solve problem.  I am beginning to think this Dell XPS 15 is complete piece of junk!

20 Replies
LSUFAN51
Diamond

Re: Dell XPS 15 (9560) touch screen stopped working all of a sudden!!!!!!

Please right click touch screen driver in device manager, select "Properties", and then check in the box if there's a message that says.....

"Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45) To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
Diamond

Also check Power Management (touch screen - Properties) to make sure the boxes are uncheck by Allow This Computer To Turn Of This Device To Save Power, and Allow This Device To Wake Up The Computer

0 Kudos
rubinjos
Bronze

Note exactly sure where to find this.

0 Kudos
rubinjos
Bronze

Device status (in the HID - compliant touch screen) indicates that it is working property in the status box.

0 Kudos
rubinjos
Bronze

Can you please instruct on how to get to ...

Also check Power Management (touch screen - Properties) to make sure the boxes are uncheck by Allow This Computer To Turn Of This Device To Save Power, and Allow This Device To Wake Up The Computer

0 Kudos
rubinjos
Bronze

Can you please instruct on how to get to ...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
Diamond

Right click touch screen driver in device manager, select Properties, and then Power Management. Uncheck boxes and restart or power off system.

If the touchscreen still doesn't work, find USB Input Device under the Human Interface Devices. If there are more of these, you might have to repeat it for all of them:

1. Right click USB Input Device, click Properties, and then select Power Management

2. Uncheck Allow This Computer To Turn Of This Device To Save Power, and then restart / power off system

Dell Inspiron 3048:

0 Kudos
rubinjos
Bronze

My problem with the touch screen not working turn out to be defective LCD screen (or at least the cord that connects the screen to the computer was bad).  Had to replace the screen.  Everything working good now that screen is replaced.  

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
Diamond

Glad to know touch screen is working now. Thanks for the update.

0 Kudos