Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 8th, 2018 04:00

XPS 15 9560, touch screen stopped working all of a sudden

I purchased a XPS 15 (9560) with a touch screen in Nov. 2017 and have been using this computer since December.  No issues with the touch screen for the first 2 months.  Then all of a sudden....IT IS NOT WORKING. 

After doing some research online, I contacted Dell Support.  

I spent almost 2 hours with tech support doing a variety of things to try and fix the problem.  Checked Device Manager - touch device driver is there, no problems. Did reboot, did USB device checks, did Dell's online hardware check, did disable/enable touchscreen device - no results. Many other tests.  The touch screen stays dead.

All drivers are up to date.  There were absolutely no software changes immediately proceeding this issue.  

Dell wants to replace the LCD screen.  I am not sure this will solve problem.  I am beginning to think this Dell XPS 15 is complete piece of junk!

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 25th, 2018 06:00

Hi Mrcina

In device manager, right click the touch screen driver and select Properties. What does it says in the device status box?

2 Posts

February 26th, 2018 01:00

In Device status box it says:

"The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There are no compatible drivers for this device.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."

I tried to uninstall/install, update driver, but with no success. I also downloaded the new Intel Chipset driver from Dell support site, but without success.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 26th, 2018 10:00

If touch screen still doesn't work:

Please type Troubleshoot onto [Cortana] search box, run Devices & Hardware Troubleshooter. Also, run Power, keyboard and windows update troubleshooters as well.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 26th, 2018 10:00

Power off system. Remove all peripherals, AC adapter, USB receiver and then wait about 15 minutes. Replace USB receiver, AC adapter, power on system. Hopefully touch screen is working again.

Just in case you need it:

Support for Dell Wireless Keyboard & Mouse KM714 | Drivers ...

August 8th, 2018 07:00

How did you determine this?

No Events found!