Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 6th, 2020 21:00

Dell XPS 15 9570 - Cannot recognize Dell TB16 dock station

Hello, I had problem with connected Dell TB16 dock station on my Dell XPS 15 9570. I bought dock station one year ago and it worked well (for minor problems). But since this Thursday, laptop doesn't want me to recognize the docking station correctly.

When I plug in TB16 thunderbolt connector into laptop, I heart the device connection sound and in Bluetooth & other devices panel I see USB Root Hub (3.0). Thunderbolt cable's symbol is no longer lighting up. 

I tried update via Dell Update tool and update Windows 10 (I had version 1909). Nothing works. 

When I try connect Wacom Cintiq 13 Pro into Thunderbolt, it's work fine.

I don't have access to another dock station. Can anybody help me with it?

2 Posts

February 10th, 2020 02:00

I fixed it with following steps:

1. Plug out power cabel from TB16 docking station.
  2. Plug out thunderbolt cabel from Laptop.
  3. Hold power button on docking station after 45 sec.
  4. Plug in power cabel and thunderbolt cabel.

• 

25K Posts

February 7th, 2020 15:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to write back whenever you are available.

1 Message

February 17th, 2020 18:00

I have the same problem that just began (Dell XPS 15 and Dell TB16). Did you ever get the issue resolved? Did Dell contact you?

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

February 17th, 2020 21:00

@csc_jcm  the person who created this thread already made a follow-up post a week ago showing the steps that fixed the issue for them and marked that post as the solution. It’s directly above your post.

1 Message

December 22nd, 2021 06:00

Thanks - this worked for me (XPS13, WD19TBS).  My docking station was working until I reset my computer.  Then my laptop wasn't recognizing it. 

- unplugged Docking station from powersource

- unplugged USBC cable from laptop

- waited 20 seconds

- held power button down on docking station while plugging in to laptop

No Events found!