Highlighted
vanz_0ne
1 Copper

Dell XPS 15 9570 Game Freezing

Hey! I recently bought a Dell XPS 15 9570, I tried playing games on it like Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare and the game crashes and a glitched displayed on screen, forcing me to shutdown. I installed another game, NBA2k15 and the same thing happened. What could be the issue right there? I took a photo of it for reference. Thanks!20190115_190352.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Dell XPS 15 9570 Game Freezing

Thank you for your message. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am not able to access that image you have shared.

Does the entire system freeze or is it only the game that freeze? Does pressing ctrl+alt+del get the lock screen?

Please run a stress test on the CPU & GPU using the Dell Support Assist application & check if there is an FPS drop & high temperature.

Find the .exe file for the game ( in the main game folder) select it & click open

Select the preferred graphics processor for this program & in the drop-down menu chose "High-performance NVIDIA processor" Restart the computer & try to run the game again. 

Does the system work fine when not gaming?

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

How to locate the service tag

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos